It's a war among stores on Thanksgiving -- and H&M is the latest to announce it won't be fighting other retailers for sales.
The fashion chain joins Costco, Sam's Club, Staples, GameStop and Petco -- to name just a few of the major outlets that won't be open Thanksgiving Day.
SEE ALSO: Target to open at 6 p.m. on Thanksgiving Day
Outdoor store REI will also be closed the day after Thanksgiving. You know, Black Friday.
The company is encouraging would-be shoppers to spend quality time outside instead.
If shopping on Turkey Day is your family tradition, stores like Toys R Us, Target, Macy's and Sears will still be open.
CNN said the "we're open" or "we're closed" strategies "mirror conflicting trends in the industry."
Although some outlets are closing altogether this year, some stores will be opening right around dinner time, between 5-6 p.m, like Target. Other retailers are opening earlier than they ever have.
As for H&M, this is the first time the company has been closed on Thanksgiving.
RELATED: Take a peek at some of the wild Black Friday lines from last year
- This Year's Best High-Interest Savings Accounts
- The Best States to Retire in 2022
- 7 Crucial Retirement Mistakes
- $50k HE Loan in this Economy? 5.49% APR ($284/mo)
- Turn Your Home Equity Into Cash Before a Recession
- Don’t Borrow From The Bank - Borrow From Yourself
- Home Equity Surges: Compare Home Equity Loans
- Age 62+? Take this Quiz to Qualify for a Home Equity Conversion
- Digital Mortgage Platform Helps New Home Buyers Qualify to Buy
- 5 Reasons You Should Switch To This Travel Credit Card
- Transfer Your Debt to a Card with 0% Intro APR Until 2024
- Results: Best Travel Credit Cards For December 2022
- The True Story Behind "The Blind Side"
- These Are All The Hidden Hacks Of Costco
- The Largest Military Planes In The World Are A Sight To Behold