It's a war among stores on Thanksgiving -- and H&M is the latest to announce it won't be fighting other retailers for sales.
The fashion chain joins Costco, Sam's Club, Staples, GameStop and Petco -- to name just a few of the major outlets that won't be open Thanksgiving Day.
SEE ALSO: Target to open at 6 p.m. on Thanksgiving Day
Outdoor store REI will also be closed the day after Thanksgiving. You know, Black Friday.
The company is encouraging would-be shoppers to spend quality time outside instead.
If shopping on Turkey Day is your family tradition, stores like Toys R Us, Target, Macy's and Sears will still be open.
CNN said the "we're open" or "we're closed" strategies "mirror conflicting trends in the industry."
Although some outlets are closing altogether this year, some stores will be opening right around dinner time, between 5-6 p.m, like Target. Other retailers are opening earlier than they ever have.
As for H&M, this is the first time the company has been closed on Thanksgiving.
RELATED: Take a peek at some of the wild Black Friday lines from last year
- People Who Retire Comfortably Avoid These Financial Advisor Mistake…
- The Worst Way to Withdraw From Retirement Accounts
- 2020: How to Maximize Your Savings
- Historic Refi Rate Alert: 1.99% APR. Can you save?
- Need Cash? How to Access Your Home's Equity
- Experts Recommend to Refi Before Rates Keep Rising
- Home Mortgage Rates Drop Sharply This Week
- HARP Refinance Program is Over. Now What?
- Digital Mortgage Platform Helps Home Buyers Shop for Mortgages
- Cards Charging 0% Interest Until Nearly 2023
- You Could Earn 100K Points With This Astonishing Travel Card
- Get Financially Fit with these Credit Cards
- Forget the 30yr mortgage if you owe less than $822K (Do this instea…
- How to pay off your house ASAP (So simple it's unbelievable)
- Congress Gives Veterans A Generous Mortgage Relief Program