Warning to all parents of small children: a 1-and-a-half year old from Dunleer, Ireland nearly died after swallowing the liquid inside of a laundry detergent capsule.
SEE ALSO: Reputable ESPN report links field turf to cancer
Jenny Maher got her hands on one of the pink "Surf" laundry detergent capsules from the laundry, and proceeded to bite into it. Her father, Colin, explains to The Sun that the pods "look like marshmallows" to children.
Lucky for little Jenny, her mother rushed her to the hospital immediately. On the ride there, she vomited three or four times, was unable to speak and her breathing was becoming increasingly constricted.
%shareLinks-quote="Jenny's airwave had swelled up and they had to incubate her and put a tube in. She could not breathe by herself." type="quote" author="Colin, dad" authordesc="The Sun" isquoteoftheday="false"%
The young girl was cared for in the hospital's Intensive Care Unit, then spent a week in the general ward of the hospital, and was able to come home to her family last Thursday.
— The Sun (@TheSun) November 10, 2015
Now, the family wants to warn others of their harrowing experience.
%shareLinks-quote="It was a very worrying time. A doctor told us she was very, very lucky and that it was crucial that she had been brought to hospital so quickly. Jenny could have died." type="quote" author="Colin, dad" authordesc="The Sun" isquoteoftheday="false"%
Maher proceeds to say that it is imperative to keep these pods out of children's reach; and if something does happen, be sure to go to the hospital right away.
Consider this a warning — We're so glad Jenny is okay, but these tablets can be deadly if ingested; so consider putting these plastic pods on the highest shelf, or locked away in a cabinet.
Learn about another child's near death experience with a laundry pod here:
More from AOL.com:
Remember America's first 'Top Model?' See what Adrianne Curry looks like now
Women wanted for 'twerking' on man in gas station
Elderly woman punched in the face by teen on bus