By The Beauty Experts at L'Oréal Paris
Last night's red carpet at the Glamour Women of the Year Awards didn't disappoint. We saw a bevy of inspiring starlets, in stunning dresses, looking downright gorgeous. And among these motivational women, one of our favorite beauty icons -- Karlie Kloss.
The model and L'Oréal Paris spokeswoman chose to show off her amazing legs in a tastefully revealing side-slit dress, but it was her beauty look that really stole the show. Though he didn't create this particular look, we chatted with one of her go-to makeup artists, L'Oréal Paris Brand Ambassador Sir John, to get the scoop on how you can re-create Karlie's makeup look on your own.
The key to the perfect red lip is choosing the right red for your skin tone -- and Karlie nails it. Sir John says, "She looks like she might have just come from vacation, and this orange-based red increases the luminous quality of her bronzed skin." He adds, "To keep any lipstick from feathering, first layer lip liner, then lipstick, and then apply a pressed powder around the mouth."
Try: Colour Riche Lipcolour in British Red
A nude shadow palette and a strong brow keep the whole look soft. Sir John calls neutral shadows like stone and taupe "invisible" colors. They can be swept across the lid to create dimension and make the eyes look expressive, while allowing other makeup elements, like a bold lip or luminous skin, to take center stage. For perfect brows, Sir John recommends a brow plumper to give you a 3-D effect. It works like dry shampoo for your brows to add volume.
Try: Colour Riche La Palette Nude and Brow Stylist Plumper
Sir John recommends evening out your skin tone and mimicking Karlie's flawless complexion by applying foundation while your skin is still damp from moisturizer. He adds, "Only matte your T-zone down -- think the sides and the tip of your nose, your chin, between your brows and your hairline. Then, everything else can go shiny. Just don't forget to treat your body with a glowy effect, as well."
Try: True Match Lumi Liquid Glow Illuminator
To say we are obsessed with her effortless down-do would be an understatement. With a subtle wave, a dramatic side part and lots of shine, this mostly uneventful hairstyle suddenly feels special. And, of course, Karlie's honey-wheat tresses are right on trend.
Try: Advanced Haircare Nutri-Gloss High Shine Glossing Mist
- Latest mortgage rates: Refinancing window is still open
- Robinhood IPO: 5 risks investors should consider as shares begin tradi…
- 5 ways a personal loan could help you save money
- Forget the 30yr mortgage if you owe less than $822K (Do this instea…
- How to pay off your house ASAP (So simple it's unbelievable)
- Refinance Rates Remain Historically Cheap
- Today's Top Mortgage Rates in Your Area
- Reach Your Financial Goals and Help Your Money Grow with these Top Inv…
- Drowning in Credit Card Debt? Consider a Debt Consolidation Loan!
- How to Turn Your Home Equity into Cash. Calculate Now.
- Crush Your Mortgage With This Government Program
- $300K Refi in this Economy? 2.01% APR (15 yr)
- Notice: cars driven less than 25 miles could pay less
- Seniors, get car insurance from $39 per month
- Qualified zip codes save big on insurance
- People Who Retire Comfortably Avoid These Financial Advisor Mistake…
- The Worst Way to Withdraw From Retirement Accounts
- 2020: How to Maximize Your Savings
- Dessert-inspired cocktails to satisfy your sweet tooth
- TikTokers share cozy casseroles for fall and winter
- 19-year-old artist elevates plain jean jackets with hand-painted celeb…
- 0% APR Card Offer Now Lasts Until 2023
- Want To Travel Practically Free? Get This Card Now
- Your Best Credit Card Offers for October 2021