The Rewind: The top news and buzzy stories from the week of November 2
Hey everyone this is Torrey AndersonSchoepe with the #TheRewind on AOL.com, where we give you a quick rundown of the top news and buzzy stories from the week.
2. A Russian airplane crashed last weekend killing all 224 people on board, and this week investigators have been trying to find out why. The latest reports indicate ISIS likely planted a bomb on the aircraft and experts say that's a really bad sign.
1. President Obama officially rejected the proposed Keystone XL pipeline, bringing a more than 7-year battle to an end between environmentalists and those in support of energy independence.
3. Investigators discovered that an Illinois police officer, whose death resulted in a massive manhunt, had actually carefully planned his own suicide. More bizarre details began to emerge as they dug deeper and found he had been stealing money from his department and tried to hire a hit man to kill someone he thought would divulge his secret.
4. An 18-year-old student at the University of California, Merced went on a stabbing rampage, injuring four people before he was shot by police.
5. Scores of people in Seattle and Portland were sickened after an E. coli outbreak was tied to Chipotle restaurants. All the of the chain's restaurants closed in the region as health officials scrambled to identify the cause.
6. The Republican presidential candidates will face off in their fourth debate next week but two GOP contenders didn't make the cut for the main debate stage. Chris Christie and Mike Huckabee were relegated to what some refer to as the "kiddie table" due to their low poll numbers.
7. Luke Bryan won entertainer of the year at the 2015 Country Music Awards and Carrie Underwood, who hosted the awards, had everyone talking about her 12 wardrobe changes.
8. An 18-year-old Australian Instagram star who had hundreds of thousands of followers abruptly called it quits. Essena O'Neill said her posts took up too much time and said she was "addicted to social media, social approval, [and] social status."
9. Gwen Stefani confirmed rumors that she and Blake Shelton, her co-star on 'The Voice,' are officially an item.
10. A Taco Bell executive lost his job after he was caught on video assaulting an Uber driver in California.
And that's #TheRewind! To dive deeper into these stories click on the links in this article page. Check back every Friday night to get caught up so you're in the know this weekend.
See more from these stories: