Up your lunch game with awesome sandwich hacks for National Sandwich Day
Today is a celebration of one of the most popular foods in America -- the sandwich! National Sandwich Day is a time to remember why we love sandwiches oh so much (as if we ever forgot). This day became an actual thing after 18th century English noble John Montagu, wanted to eat his meal with one hand during a 24-hour gambling event, so he instructed his servants to serve his lunchmeat between two slices of bread.
Needless to say, this man was brilliant! If you love sandwiches as much as he did then and we do now, then you came to the right place. Sandwich hacks are a MUST if you want to make the most out of your lunch or dinner plans.
And after all, as most of us know, it's very easy to take a sandwich from dull to fabulous! So, why not do it every time? We think you should never have to eat another boring sandwich again, which is why we've got life-changing sandwich hacks you'll love.
SEE ALSO: 5 great tasting juice cleanses to try at least once
So, open your mind (and your mouth) because it's time to celebrate National Sandwich Day right!
1. Put your sandwich condiments in condiment holders so your sandwich doesn't get soggy by lunch time.
2. To keep wraps and burritos from falling apart, warm your tortilla before you start rolling everything together.
3. Try making the PB&J 2.0 sandwich with strawberry jam, honey, marshmallow fluff, two kinds of peanut butter, and Nutella.
4. Instead of butter, try making your grilled cheese with mayonnaise.
5. To beat soggy sandwiches, let your tomato slices rest on a paper towel while you're preparing the rest of your sandwich.
6. If you're making your own hoagie or sub, only slice the baguette 3/4 of the way through so ingredients don't fall off.
7. Make a quick breakfast sandwich in a mug: Spray it with Pam, tadd an egg, cheese, meat, veggies, and anything else. Microwave it for one minute, then slide the contents onto a toasted bagel.
Click through below for po'boy sandwiches that will make your mouth water:
More on AOL.com:
Low-key destinations for the perfect November escape
Vacation to the actual locations that inspired the world's most historic scary movies
Beautiful essential places you need to see at least once during the fall