It was far from pretty for viewers, and definitely not particularly comfortable for the players, but the Carolina Panthers extended their undefeated run on Monday Night Football against the Indianapolis Colts.
Through the raindrops in Carolina, the Panthers seemed to be cruising with a 23-6 lead in the third quarter. But after a pair of Andrew Luck touchdowns and some Adam Vinatieri field goals, the Colts miraculously tied the game at the end of regulation -- but just after both teams foiled away chances at a win.
On 3rd and 4 from the six yard line, Luck dropped back and fired a pass over the middle of the end zone -- directly into Luke Kuechly's arms, but it eventually came tumbling to the soggy turf. It left time for a fourth down, when Vinatieri sent the game into an extra period.
That set up the Panthers with a chance to win on their opening drive, but Ted Ginn decided to do this:
No matter though, as the teams traded field goals to start the overtime, and with a bit more than five minutes left before a tie, Graham Gano sent the home crowd home happy.
Carolina, now 7-0, stands as one of the four undefeateds left. Indianapolis still leads the AFC South, at 3-5.
More from AOL.com:
Image of Asia: Celebrating a 1st at the Melbourne Cup
Pistorius case being heard by Supreme Court of Appeal
A look at the AP's preseason Top 25
- Can You Refinance With $0 Out of Pocket?
- Need Cash? Take Money Out of Your Home
- Smart Ways To Pay for a Home Renovation
- Forget the 30yr mortgage if you owe less than $822K (Do this instea…
- How to pay off your house ASAP (So simple it's unbelievable)
- Refinance Rates Remain Historically Cheap
- Anxious Reddit parents wonder just how bad the baby formula shortag…
- Get ready for summer with these 10 best-selling Supergoop! sunscreens …
- Nordstrom’s sale section has so many finds under $25 — here are 30+ of…
- Latest mortgage news: 30-year rate hits pause — but still near 13-y…
- 5 ways a personal loan could help you save money
- Latest mortgage rates: Refinancing clock is ticking as rates rise
- Today's Top Mortgage Rates in Your Area
- Reach Your Financial Goals and Help Your Money Grow with these Top Inv…
- Drowning in Credit Card Debt? Consider a Debt Consolidation Loan!