Make 'breakfast sushi' a daily occurrence: Here's how to ramp up the most important meal of the day
Love breakfast as much as we do? Then, have we got a beyond fabulous recipe for you! While bacon, eggs and cheese are a few of our favorite breakfast foods, we can't help thinking there has to be more to this delicious life than eating them separately. Sure, you may have eaten them in a wrap or a sandwich, but any true breakfast connoisseur is constantly looking for new ways to up their game.
Luckily, we've got the answer for doing just that. Say hello to BREAKFAST SUSHI. While your traditional sushi may be oh so yummy, there's no denying that it certainly has a shelf life. Eating your rolls within a certain time period is basically pivotal to its taste. And don't even think about taking it home as leftovers to eat the next day -- you'll be left with a soggy, bland and possibly expired meal.
SEE ALSO: Trick for making oatmeal in a coffee pot will completely simplify your breakfast routine
But not to worry, this is where breakfast sushi comes in. Giving us the best of both worlds, this type of "sushi," specifically designed for the most important meal of the day, is made with our favorite core breakfast ingredients.
From eggs, to tater tots, to bacon -- we can't get enough of this perfect dish. After all, just LOOK at this mouth-watering creation!
If you're dying to make these scrumptious goodies, here's how you can do it:
- 10 pieces of bacon
- 2 cups tater tots
- 1 1/2 cups cheddar cheese
- 1 jalapeño pepper
- 2 eggs
- 3 tooth picks
- 3 bbq sticks
- Tin foil
- Mix tater tots, cut up jalapeño peppers and eggs in a bowl
- Lay large piece of tin foil on counter and make a bacon weave
- Drive long barbecue sticks on each end to keep bacon from pulling apart
- Spread tot mixture over bacon evenly, then spread cheese evenly
- Leave one end of bacon weave blank
- With the help of the tin foil wrap breakfast sushi
- Use 3 remaining tooth picks to hold 3 pieces of bacon together while cooking
- Place on baking sheet and remove tin foil
- Cook mine at 375 for 45 minutes
- Take out of oven, slice and enjoy!
More on AOL.com:
Make the PB&J appetizer that's perfect for any and every get-together
Share a little joy with your loved ones with this apple cider funnel cake recipe
Keep your food fresh longer with these brilliant hacks