5 tips to host the perfect Halloween party this weekend
Here's five tips for an easy and perfect Halloween party you can throw together this weekend!
1. Go potluck style. With all the invitations, decor, set up, and stresses that come with being a party hostess, the last thing you want to worry about is feeding everyone. Make it easy on yourself and pass out dinner assignments with the invitations. We asked guests to bring "Halloween or Fall Themed Dishes," and we ended up with the most creative, delicious, and festive food!
2. Make costumes mandatory. When we threw the floral affair party over the summer, we everyone dress in all white, and this time we asked everyone to wear their Halloween costume. Having everyone dressed up makes the party feel cohesive and creates an ambiance that shouldn't be missed! Plus, it's fun to see everyone's creativity in their costumes -- we had some girls go all out!
3. Make a photo booth. If you're all dressed up in costumes, give your friends a chance to show them off! Plus, who doesn't love a photobooth? We hung a fun spiderweb backdrop, and then set up the camera on the tripod and used a remote and the timer and let everyone go to town!
4. Have at least one activity. We didn't get any pictures of it, but we had a donut eating contest -- you know, where the donuts hang from string and you have to eat them with your hands behind your back? Having some kind of fun activity gets people laughing, having fun, and breaks up the party a bit so you're not just sitting and eating dinner the entire time. (At our Floral Affair we had everyone make their own floral crowns!)
5. Don't forget the music! Music is everything at parties -- it completely sets the mood and keeps any awkward silences at bay. We chose the Halloween Party Pandora Station and it was perfect. A good mix of spooky and festive tunes, and even a few jams that had everyone out of their chairs and dancing!
Now go throw a Halloween party!!
A huge thanks to minted for the gorgeous invitations, and to Caravan Shoppe for the perfect photo backdrop!
For the full post from Merrick's Art, click here.
More great party ideas:
Make your own floral crowns
A baby shower dinner party