The most popular Halloween costumes by state
Halloween is almost upon us. To mark the occasion, social media shopping siteInfluenster polled over 40,000 respondents across all 50 states and D.C. and discovered America's favorite Halloween costumes for 2015:
- Alabama chose Harley Quinn.
- Alaska went with zombies.
- Arizona's choice was sugar skulls.
- Arkansas and California both decided on Alice.
- Colorado went with witches.
- Connecticut chose cats.
- Delaware and D.C. became the Batman.
- Florida and Georgia both picked Pocahontas.
- Meanwhile, Hawaii preferred pirates.
- Idaho wanted to walk with the dead and went with zombies as well.
- Illinois, though hardly despicable, made their way with Minions.
- Indiana set its sights on Snow White.
- Iowa also got frisky with felines.
- Kansas picked princesses.
- Nurses were just what the doctor ordered in Kentucky and Louisiana.
- Maine fell for the flapper girl this year.
- Wonder Woman was the main attraction in Maryland.
- Fairies took flight in Massachusetts.
- Cat Woman was the one for Michigan.
- Mermaids made it big in Minnesota.
- Angels were anointed in Mississippi.
- Missouri asserted its authority and chose cops.
- Hot with hocus pocus, Montana chose witches as well.
- Nebraska was also feeling fairies this year.
- Nevada picked the pumpkin.
- New Hampshire elected for Elsa from Frozen.
- New Jersey might have made F. Scott Fitzgerald proud by also fawning over that flapper girl.
- New Mexico selected sugar skulls, too.
- New York was in a Snow White state of mind.
- North Carolina let it go for Elsa as well.
- North Dakota had much acclaim for Minnie Mouse.
- Ohio slipped the shoe on Cinderella.
- Minions were also big in Oklahoma.
- Minnie Mouse racked up a second state as Oregon's top choice.
- Pennsylvania picked mermaids.
- Rhode Island took on the Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles.
- South Carolina caught onto the vampire craze.
- South Dakota suited up as princesses.
- Tennessee took on Harley Quinn.
- Texans went with regular skulls.
- Utah also kicked it with cops.
- Vermont appointed itself another state of Amazonian ambassadors by also going with Wonder Woman.
- Virginia selected simple skulls as well.
- Washington also went with Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles.
- West Virginia was Cinderella's second suitor.
- Pirates were the one for Wisconsin.
- And Wyoming went with Cat Woman.
More Halloween inspiration:
Halloween makeup: Little Red Riding Hood tutorial
15 Halloween recipes you need to make this year
Halloween couples costumes to obsess over this year