These avocado hacks are all every guac lover needs in life
Let's be honest people, we LOVE our avocado! From adding it to brunch meals, to eating it as a snack -- there are oh so many ways to enjoy this delicious fruit. And here's the thing -- we love it in almost all ways. But what about those few avocado hiccups we seem to have every now and then? You know what we mean -- when we're in the grocery and just can't seem to figure out which avocados are actually ripe. Or what about when we do pick (what we believe to be) a perfectly ripe avocado, and later on when you go to cut it open, it's not nearly as ripe as you thought.
We've all been there and it's never fun. So, we're here to make things a bit easier for you. We've got amazing avocado hacks that will change your life and make your snackin' much more manageable.
1. You can quickly ripen an avocado by putting it in a paper bag at room temperature. This speeds up the natural process significantly.
2. If you want things to move even faster, add an apple, banana or pear. The fruits release ethylene gas, promoting ripening.
3. But if you really can't wait, bake it in the oven. Cook it at 300° for 10 minutes.
4. To preserve an avocado, pop it in the fridge until you're ready to eat it. This slows down the ripening process.
5. If you're ready to snack on that baby however, cover it before refrigerating. Lemon juice or apple cider vinegar will help keep it from turning brown.
Click through below for delicious ways to eat avocado:
More on AOL.com:
Do October right and travel to these fun, affordable locations
The most awesomely terrifying Halloween festivals to check out in October
These are the most amazing and unbelievable health benefits of pumpkin seeds