County says settlement reached in West, Texas blast
WACO, Texas (AP) — A settlement has been reached with families of some victims of a massive West, Texas fertilizer explosion two years ago, according to the website of McLennan County, where a trial on their claims was set to begin.
Jury selection for trial had been scheduled to start Monday but a county website post says potential jurors are excused because "a settlement has been reached." No other details were provided.
The blast at an agricultural fertilizer facility on April 17, 2013 killed 15 people. Most of the dead were first responders along with some nearby residents.
District Court Judge Jim Meyer divided lawsuits into three groups. The trial Monday was for three families of victims killed in the blast, who sued the company that owned the facility as well as fertilizer suppliers.
More on AOL.com:
NATO: Helicopter crash at Kabul base kills 5
Assault weapons ban before U.S. Supreme Court
'Blue Lives Matter' pops up on over 300 billboards