Top 5 On the Go: Friday October 9
1. Train hero recovering after California stabbing, in 'good spirits'
The soldier who helped prevent a terrorist attack on a Paris train earlier this year, said he is in "good spirits" today after being stabbed several times in his hometown on Thursday.
2. Worst floods may be over on coast, official says
South Carolina officials announced today that the worst flooding may be over as water levels continue to decrease, however some could stay above flood stage for up to a week.
3. UN diplomat charged by US for bribe scheme gets $2 million bail
A federal judge set bail at $2 million for a U.N. diplomat who was charged by the U.S. in a bribery scheme despite the fact that he was flagged as a flight risk.
4. 1 dead, 3 wounded in shooting at Northern Arizona University
A Northern Arizona University freshman killed one fraternity member and wounded three others in a violent confrontation after he was hit in the face.
5. Russia just handed ISIS a 'big win' in Syria's largest city
Russian airstrikes drove out anti-regime rebels and indirectly helped ISIS militants get within a mile of Syria's largest city.
To dive deeper into these stories click on the headlines in this article page. Check back every weekday evening to hear audio versions of the top stories on AOL.com.
Check out photos from the top stories: