Sweet like honey! These life hacks for using honey in your beauty routine are everything
Ladies, it's no secret that we're always trying to find that beyond perfect beauty product, right? Whether it's for our hair or our skin -- it feels like we spend a lifetime searching for just the right product to take us over the edge from "decent" to "fabulous." But the thing is, not only are they often ridiculously expensive, but typically, they don't work the way we want them too. So, instead of shoveling out tons of cash on ineffective products and ending up sorely disappointed, why not go the DIY route and create your own beauty?
Lucky for us, there are plenty of all-natural beauty hacks to choose from. One of our current favorites actually comes from a little black and yellow pollinating bug. That's right, we're talking about honey! If you didn't previously know that honey is not only a delicious sweet treat, but that it can also help sweeten up your looks -- then we've got a lot to teach you! Check out these 4 awesome beauty hacks for honey.
1. Facial hair removal
All you need is:
- A teaspoon of honey, a tablespoon of sugar and a few drops of lemon.
- Mix them together in a microwavable bowl.
- Pop in the microwave for about 3 minutes until the mixture forms a paste.
- Take the warm mixture and apply it to the places where hair needs to be removed.
- Take a piece of cloth and place it over the paste, then pull the cloth in the opposite direction of hair growth.
- Dip a clean cotton swab into some honey and apply it to the pimple
- Let it sit for 20 minutes, and wash it off
- Take one teaspoon of honey, one teaspoon of coconut oil, two tablespoons of apple cider vinegar, and mix
- After shampooing, apply to your hair from root to tips.
- Take brown sugar, honey, and lemon juice and make into a mixture that is thick enough to rub all over your skin.
- Apply it to your body or face for about 30 seconds in a circular motion and then rinse
- Do this around three or four times per week depending on your skin texture.
Click through below for more all-natural acne remedies:
More on AOL.com:
Do October right and travel to these fun, affordable locations
The most awesomely terrifying Halloween festivals to check out in October
These are the most amazing and unbelievable health benefits of pumpkin seeds