Woman mistakes super glue for eye drops and the result is terrifying

Before you go, we thought you'd like these...
Before you go close icon


What could be a scene out of a horror movie actually happened to a Florida woman who accidentally glued her eye shut when she mistook super glue for eye drops. Katherine Gaydos revealed to WPBF-TV that she suddenly had something in her eyes and asked for help, requesting someone to get her eye drops from her bag. Unfortunately the person who tried to hep her grabbed super glue instead of the much needed drops and the outcome was a nightmare:



The video of her interview is painful to watch, especially when she shows the camera that she cannot open her eye anymore since her eyelids are glued together. Surprisingly, this is a very common accident, according to doctors that told ABC News how they have seen a multitude of these cases.

More from AOL.com:
Singapore may be about to introduce mail delivery via drone
Man dumps his wife of 4 weeks via WhatsApp
When you complain about traffic, think of this mega jam in China
Read Full Story

Sign up for Breaking News by AOL to get the latest breaking news alerts and updates delivered straight to your inbox.

Subscribe to our other newsletters

Emails may offer personalized content or ads. Learn more. You may unsubscribe any time.

From Our Partners

If You Find One Of These In Your Yard, Don't Touch It - And Try Not To Panic If You Find One Of These In Your Yard, Don't Touch It - And Try Not To Panic
Don't Get Too Close To a Newborn Giraffe Unless You Want to Get Kicked in the Nuts Don't Get Too Close To a Newborn Giraffe Unless You Want to Get Kicked in the Nuts
Cops Catch Up To A Suspicious Speeding Vehicle - And Make An Appalling Discovery Inside Cops Catch Up To A Suspicious Speeding Vehicle - And Make An Appalling Discovery Inside