This easy zucchini noodle recipe is the perfect alternative to your traditional pasta dish
Let's face it -- we love pasta! There's simply no denying that a delectable plate of fettuccine alfredo makes us feel all warm and fuzzy inside, while a fork-full of pasta carbonara reminds us how good life really is. But here's the thing -- as much as we love these mouth-watering noodle dishes, pasta isn't exactly considered the "healthiest" food you can munch on. Depending on how you prepare it, pasta can be full of starch and the bad kind of carbs.
So, what's the alternative? How can you get the delicious taste of pasta without all the unhealthy mumbo-jumbo? The answer's simple -- zucchini noodles! Those delicious, thinly-sliced noodles made from a vegetable with all the green goodness you can imagine. We know what you might be thinking -- how can a vegetable possibly substitute for pasta? We're here to tell you it certainly can and it's absolutely DELICIOUS.
So, for a healthy replacement to your traditional carb-filled pasta, try this method of getting easily made Zucchini noodles!
Here's how to do it:
- You'll need: zucchini, acovado, salt, pepper, olive oil, peppers
- Peel the zucchini and toss it into a bowl (try using this top-rated peeler from Amazon)
- Twirl the slices around to give you that fun, pasta feel (also try making the noodles using a spiralizer! This one is a top seller on Amazon).
- Drizzle it with olive oil then season with salt and pepper
- Add chopped up avocado and peppers and PRESTO!
For more pasta goodies, click through below for delicious pasta dishes that are perfect for any weeknight meal:
More from AOL.com:
Unbelievably cool Coca-Cola tricks that will blow your mind
Be the hostess with the mostess with these life-saving baking hacks
These cupcake hacks will make you the life of every party