Be the hostess with the mostess with these life-saving baking hacks
If you're like us, meaning you're a lover of all things sweet, then you've probably tried your hand at baking once or twice in your lifetime. After all, buying a delicious batch of red velvet cupcakes from Sprinkles is all well and good, but there's just something about making them yourself that adds a little more love to the mix. You feel gratified, successful and most of all, you got your sweet tooth fix from your own creation.
But the thing is, baking isn't always easy. It's often messy, detailed and takes quite a bit of time if you want your sweet treats to come out virtually perfect. So, why not simplify your life with a few baking hacks that will take your sweets game up a notch?
1) Make your own buttermilk
- Add 1 tablespoon of lemon juice to a 1-cup measuring cup
- Fill the remainder of the cup with milk
- Let sit for 5 minutes and PRESTO
If you forget to take eggs out an hour before cooking, just put them in a bowl of hot water for 5 minutes.
3) Make your own gluten-free oat flour
Blend up some gluten-free oats in your blender until they're powdered. Simple enough, right?
4) Use a wine bottle for a rolling pin
It works just as well!
5) Ripen bananas in the oven for baking
- Cook the bananas you need in a 300ºF oven for 30 minutes
- Once the bananas are black and soft, remove from the oven and let them cool for 20 minutes
- Peel or snip the bottom off and squeeze the banana out
More on AOL.com:
10 great yoga workouts that are perfect for beginners
Twerkouts are so the new workouts
Your 7-minute total-body workout