It's the evening of Wednesday, September 30, and these are the top stories you need to know about right now on AOL.com.
1. Emails: Russia-linked hackers tried to access Clinton server
Newly released emails revealed that hackers linked to Russia tried to pry into Hillary Clinton's private email account while she was secretary of state.
2. Hurricane may bring 10 inches of rain to parts of East Coast
Heavy rains that are already drenching the East Coast and causing flooding may soon be joined by Hurricane Joaquin, according to forecasters. The combined storms could dump up to 10 inches of rain in some areas.
3. Carson raises $20M for '16 bid in past 3 months
GOP presidential contender Ben Carson raised a whopping $20 million in the past three months, his campaign announced today, setting a new bar for his rivals.
4. No shutdown: Congress approves bill to keep government open
Congress just barely made its deadline to approve a stopgap measure that prevented a government shutdown today, but another showdown could be looming in December.
5. Police: Officer killed in mall shooting; suspect charged
A police officer was fatally shot at a South Carolina mall today after responding to a report of a suspicious person. The suspect is in custody and has been charged with murder.
For more on these stories check out AOL.com now.
See photos from the top stories: