Healthy DIY hair recipes for the product-conscious woman
Ladies, we get it -- you want your hair to be gorgeous, glowy and flowy, but you don't always trust what every hair product company has to offer. After all, you don't know what half are these ingredients are and frankly, you don't want to know. The thought of putting harsh or damaging products in your hair is revolting, to say the least and all you want is a little haircare relief. Not to worry -- we got you!
If you've never thought about making your own hair recipes, it's time to start opening your mind. Often times, they're not difficult to draw up as you might think and they do WONDERS for your hair. If we've got your attention, then take a look at a few awesome and healthy DIY hair recipes that will completely change your life.
1) Hair repair
- 2 tbsp honey, 1 tbsp olive oil, 1 tbsp apple cider vinegar
- Mix ingredients and apply to your unwashed hair
- Come concoction through hair
- Clip hair up and let sit for 30-60 minutes.
- Rinse out then wash hair
- ¼ cup apple cider vinegar, 1 cup beer
- Mix then wash hair
- Pour mixture over hair
- Let sit for 5 minutes then rinse with warm water.
- 1 avocado, 1 tsp olive oil
- Mash avocado in a bowl then add olive oil and blend
- Apply to damp hair.
- Cover hair with shower cap and let sit for 20 minutes.
- Rinse and wash
- 5 tbsp plain yogurt, 1 tbsp baking soda, 1 tbsp lemon juice
- Mix yogurt, baking soda and lemon juice
- Apply to hair and let sit for 30-40 minutes then rinse.
- ½ cup oats, 2 tablespoons almond oil, ½ cup milk
- Mix then apply to dry hair.
- Sit for 20-30 minutes then rinse with warm water and shampoo
More on AOL.com:
10 great yoga workouts that are perfect for beginners
Twerkouts are so the new workouts
Your 7-minute total-body workout