Hair straightening made easy: Brilliant tricks for those who straighten their locks
Ladies, if you ever have or currently do straighten your hair, then you know it isn't always easy. There's certainly a struggle when it comes to getting that perfectly glossy, straight hair and it truly defines the saying "beauty is pain." Sometimes you burn your ear, sometimes the smell of burnt hair is too much to bear and sometimes (most of the time) you hair just doesn't want to cooperate no matter how many times you go over it with the straightener.
Yes, no one ever said being a woman was easy. But what if we told you there were easy ways to use your hair straightener that you've probably never thought of? Yes, that's right, we're about to make life a whole lot more convenient, ladies. Take a look below at seven of the most brilliant tricks for those of us who use hair straighteners. Prepare to be MIND. BLOWN.
1) Before you do anything, use a heat protectant spray to get a smooth, easy straightening flow.
2) Get some bend in your hair by brushing your hair outward while straightening.
3) When at the crown, flat-iron your hair toward the ceiling for volume.
4) Use your straightener to curl your hair.
5) Make beach waves by straightening down then twisting in the opposite direction.
6) Use a thermal brush at your roots to get rid of any cowlicks.
7) Crimp your hair by flat-ironing a braid.
Click through below for the best hair looks for this years New York Fashion Week:
More on AOL.com:
10 great yoga workouts that are perfect for beginners
Twerkouts are so the new workouts
Your 7-minute total-body workout