The best beauty looks from Fashion Week
Ahead are the simple and fool-proof steps to achieving runway-ready beauty looks at home.
Derek Lam Spring/Summer 2016
Leave it to Derek Lam to reinvent eyeshadow forever. Instead of focusing on the top lid, all color is applied to under the eye for a more dramatic take on eyeshadow.
1. Apply a small amount of liquid foundation evenly on the face for a matte complexion.
2. Take a black mascara that can define your lashes, not clump them -- we suggest
Lancome's High Definition Mascara -- and only apply to the bottom set of lashes.
3. Swipe Burberry's peachy pink
Color Cream peach cream under the eye.
4. Next, layer with
Ardency Inn's Yellow MODSTER Smooth Ride and voila!
Cushnie Et Ochs Spring/Summer 2016
Who said spring was only for lighter palettes? We're taking cues from Cushnie Et Ochs on a darker, moodier makeup look.
1. Apply a black eyeliner to both on the eyelid and underneath the eye.
2. Use a quick swipe of volumizing mascara to finish off the eyes.
3. Take a deep berry lip, like our favorites from
Urban Decay, NARS, Kat Von D, and for an edgy finish.
Diane Von Furstenberg Spring/Summer 2016
Disco was in full swing for DVF's latest runway show. Let a bold shadow and Farrah Fawcett hair be your newest go-to when you hit the dancefloor.
1. Use a a glimmering blue or green eyeshadow around the eye and just above the crease. Our preferred pick is Kat Von D's
Metal Crush Eyeshadow.
2. Seal in the eyes with mascara and a dose of Make Up Forever
3. A subtle application of
lip gloss will bring the whole look together.
Monique Lhuillier Spring/Summer 2016
This season's latest beauty trend is completely unexpected, but for all the right reasons. A touch of colored liquid eyeliner will give your beauty regime an added splash of vibrancy.
1. Accent brows with a pencil, filling in your natural arch.
2. Using a green liquid eyeliner, make a bold cat eye on the top lid. Our favorite is
forest green but other awesome color choices include teal and pastel iterations.
3. Add a bit of mascara to finish off the eyes.
4. Pull the look together with a nude lip.
Oscar De La Renta Spring/Summer 2016
Take a mini-vacation to Spain with Oscar De La Renta's Spanish-infused style.
1. First start with a bold, but still subtle layer of
Blinc's black liquid eyeliner.
2. Next brighten up the lip with a fierce red lipstick. Dolce & Gabbana's
matte pick will counteract a dewy skin complexion.
3. Finish off the look with a touch of mineral blush for a rosy, youthful complexion.
Alice + Olivia By Stacey Bendet Spring/Summer 2016
We're predicting that sparkling eyes and teased braids will be the newest "it" look come spring.
1. Apply gold eyeshadow on the lid of the eye. We suggest picks from
stilla, Buxom, or Urban Decay depending on your desired level of brightness.
3. On the corners of the eyelid, accent with an earthy, brown shadow.
3. Finish with a nude lip.
Fashion week isn't just about the clothing that's coming down the catwalk. Instead it encompasses the next big styles for clothing, hair, and makeup.
This season's beauty looks in particular stole the show, with designers like Oscar de la Renta, Alice + Olivia, and Milly -- to name a few -- offering fresh faces for the spring. Bold brows, fierce lips, and even funky eyeshadows were plentiful on the runway.
The best part? These looks aren't just reserved for high fashion models. Instead, they work well for the average woman's 9-to-5 or weekend nights out. An added bonus is they're also fairly simple to recreate at home.
To get your spring beauty cabinet revamp started, we've rounded up the best beauty looks of the season plus the products to shop.
More from fashion week: Get Erin Fetherston's Spring 2015 look now The future of fashion never looks how we imagine it will Fashion week prep: get a sneak peek at the Banana Republic collection