By: Donna Freydkin
Backstage at the Thakoon show during New York Fashion Week, we had a chance to look inside what it really takes to get the models runway-ready. Take glimpse into designer Thakoon Panichgul's inspiration for the show, from the clothes to the hair and the makeup.
"With collections I'm always constantly working and working, thinking and thinking. It's important because at the end of the day, I'm designing clothes," Thakoon explained. "It's artistic obviously, but you have to be able to wear it. And you have to be able to wear it more than just one time, or one season or one occasion, so I think it's important to have ease. Women love ease, they want to be beautiful... and there are days when you want it to be super tight, but not 99% of the time!"
As for inspiration, Thakoon looked to the '80s and Gilles Bensimon so the collection had a sporty feel. We hear from Diane Kendal of NARS and Odile Gilbert of Kerastase Paris for beauty and hair, and they described the fresh, luminous, healthy looks that they designed for the show.
Watch the video above for more, and see the full collection below:
- ‘To the boy who doesn’t let anything get him down’: Mom honors Disa…
- Nordstrom shoppers are raving about how well these white pants fit: ‘I…
- These are the 25 fashion and beauty deals you don’t want to miss at Am…
- Need Cash? How to Access Your Home's Equity
- Don’t Borrow From The Bank - Borrow From Yourself
- Want Cash Out of Your Home? Here Are Your Best Options
- Latest mortgage news: After flirting with 6%, rates retreat
- 5 ways a personal loan could help you save money
- Latest mortgage rates: Refinancing clock is ticking as rates rise
- The True Story Behind "The Blind Side"
- These Are All The Hidden Hacks Of Costco
- The Largest Military Planes In The World Are A Sight To Behold
- Hilarious Kid Answers To Test Questions
- These Cake Messages Are Wrong In So Many Ways
- These Pregnancy Announcements Are Brilliantly Hilarious