Why working a 9 to 5 is actually really bad for you
For those of us who have that standard 9 to 5 job -- listen closely because we've got a few things you definitely want to hear. While that 8-hour work day may be paying the bills and feel somewhat fulfilling, several studies have shown it's not exactly good for your body or your mind. From sleep deprivation to lack of sunlight and Vitamin C -- the examples are undeniable.
While it's not always easy to see the negative effects your 9 to 5 has on you, your body (and mind) may be slowly trying to tell you that you need to pump the breaks. Just in case you might be curious about what we're talking about, we've got 5 reasons why working a 9 to 5 is actually really, REALLY bad for your spirit. Take a look below.
1) The first hour of your shift feels like you're physically there, yet mentally in bed, making you feel sleep deprived.
2) Sitting for 8 hours a day has damaging effects on your body.
3) The structure of working for a company which allows for 9 to 5's may be holding you back from your creative potential.
4) There is often little to no flexibility.
5) A 9 to 5 routine becomes bland and unexciting, allowing you to become dreary throughout the day.
Click through below for a few of the most and least stressful jobs:
More on AOL.com:
10 great yoga workouts that are perfect for beginners
Twerkouts are so the new workouts
Your 7-minute total-body workout