10 unusual and awesome uses for coconut oil you seriously need to know
Ah, coconut oil -- otherwise known as an edible oil extract from the meat of a coconut! Whether it's strengthening our nails or detangling our hair, you've more than likely used a product with coconut oil before. If this is the case, then you know the miracle work it provides to just about anything it touches!
Yes, it's true -- we're practically obsessed with the stuff, and for good reason. Not only can you use it in delicious meals and drinks, but in beauty products as well. In fact, DIY and coconut oil go hand in hand when it comes to homemade necessities.
Take a look below at 10 awesome and unusual uses for coconut oil you seriously need to try ASAP.
1) Clean your makeup brushes
2) With baking soda as a naturally whitening toothpaste
3) Shave your legs
4) Keep the bugs away with a great repellent
5) Decongest by creating a homemade vapor rub
6) Get rid of lice
7) Mixed with salt to remove dry skin
8) As a cloth diaper safe diaper cream
9) As a naturally SPF 4 sunscreen
10) Help resolve acne
Click through for a homemade coconut oil coffee scrub you'll love:
More on AOL.com:
10 great yoga workouts that are perfect for beginners
Twerkouts are so the new workouts
Your 7-minute total-body workout