How to easily transform your unhealthy eating habits into healthy ones
We all know that old habits die hard, right? So if you've grown up eating pizza twice a day and donuts for breakfast, you probably don't know (or want to know) anything different. While this may be the case, and while you may think there's nothing wrong with it -- the truth is, bad eating habits can be seriously detrimental to your health.
So, the real question is -- how can you beat unhealthy eating? In reality, it's not going to change in a day, or maybe not even a month -- but if you focus on your goal and why you want to achieve it, you'll be eating healthy in no time. To make things a little easier for you, we've narrowed down 10 awesome tips for transforming your bad eating habits into healthy ones. Take a peek below.
1) Add more color to your shopping cart (aka fruits and veggies) -- the more colorful, the better
2) Substitute high fat milk with skim milk
3) Don't skip breakfast!
4) Eat 4 to 6 small meals a day instead of 3 large ones
5) Munch on fruits or veggies and hummus as a deliciously healthy snack
6) Replace french fries with soup as a side dish
7) Don't soak veggies in water for an extensive amount of time (this flushes good vitamins away)
8) Steam your veggies instead of boil them
9) Add fruit into any low-fat yogurt snack
10) Don't gulp down your food, take it slow!
Click through below for a few healthy eating myths to avoid:
More on AOL.com:
10 great yoga workouts that are perfect for beginners
Twerkouts are so the new workouts
Your 7-minute total-body workout