Earlier this year, two ad agency workers from South Africa quit their steady jobs and embarked on a mission to travel as far as they could.
Based on the images shared on their Instagram, 'How Far From Home,' it appears they have been having a great time, but it's not entirely true.
Globe trotting companions Chanel Cartell and Stevo Dirnberger recently shared some of the downsides of their journey.
As travelling the world in style is an incredibly expensive venture, Cartell and Dirnberger chose a more budget-appropriate option.
They signed up with the service Workaway, which finds situations for people to do odd jobs in exchange for food and shelter.
Said Cartell, "So far, I think we've tallied 135 toilets scrubbed, 250 kilos of cow dung spread, 2 tons of rocks shovelled, 60 metres of pathway laid, 57 beds made, and I cannot even remember how many wine glasses we've polished."
She also declared that all of the labor has been well worth it, but cautions others against doing the same as the life certainly isn't for everyone.
See photos from their journey:
The Latest from our Partners
- Yes, petite people can wear maxi dresses — here are 6 must-buy styl…
- 5 delicious ice cream sandwich recipes that are perfect for summer
- Thousands of Amazon shoppers love this best-selling projector with 3,7…
- Don’t Borrow From The Bank - Borrow From Yourself
- Can You Refinance With $0 Out of Pocket?
- Need Cash? How to Access Your Home's Equity
- Savings Interest Rates SkyRocket After Fed Meeting
- With the Recent Rate Hike, CDs Become Best Investment
- Mortgage Rates Remain Low by Historical Standards – Experts Urge Locki…
- Forget the 30yr mortgage if you owe less than $822K (Do this instea…
- How to pay off your house ASAP (So simple it's unbelievable)
- Congress Gives Veterans A Generous Mortgage Relief Program
- Hilarious Kid Answers To Test Questions
- These Cake Messages Are Wrong In So Many Ways
- These Pregnancy Announcements Are Brilliantly Hilarious