In honor of his birthday: 10 times John Green made us want to join his fan club
August 24 marks the birthday of John Green, the bestselling author who won our hearts with his epic stories about adolescent life and dealing with everything that comes with it. We live vicariously through his characters as we read his novels. Green has mastered the rare ability to make readers live in the moment of his stories rather than anticipate the end. It's fitting that this sentiment is perhaps the most significant underlying theme in his works.
Not only is Green an exceptional writer, he's also quite the vlogger. In fact, John Green began vlogging before vlogging was even a thing. He's always one step ahead of the crowd. He uses his vlogging powers to tackle really important controversial topics, such as whether or not his "puff" hairstyle beats that of his sibling rival, Hank. He's also nailed the art of speaking about oneself in third person.
To celebrate the momentous occasion that is John Green's birthday, we compiled a list of what makes him such a winner in our eyes. Happy birthday, John Green! Here are all the times you made us want to join your fan club.
1. When he used a fictional character to perfectly explain why we bother with love.
"I'm in love with you, and I'm not in the business of denying myself the simple pleasure of saying true things. I'm in love with you, and I know that love is just a shout into the void, and that oblivion is inevitable, and that we're all doomed that that there will come a day when all our labor has been returned to dust, and I know the sun will swallow the only earth we'll ever have and I am in love with you."
2. When he shamelessly admitted why he removed social media content.
3. When he was completely on point naming the most important 21st century film.
4. When he took this selfie to admire his flawless makeup.
5. When Taylor Swift gave him this awesome shoutout.
6. When he gave his wife bunny ears at their wedding.
7. When he defended Cara Delevingne after she was asked rude questions during an interview.
"Cara, however, refuses to stick to the script. She refuses to indulge lazy questions and refuses to turn herself into an automaton to get through long days of junketry. I don't find that behavior entitled or haughty. I find it admirable. Cara Delevingne doesn't exist to feed your narrative or your news feed."
8. When he and Nat Wolff had the best texting bromance ever.
9. When he totally fangirled on social media.
10. When he had no shame.
Never change, John Green. Happiest of birthdays to you!
More from AOL.com:
Dancing football player is so fierce he gives Beyonce a run for her money
What this woman found in her Taco Bell nachos will terrify you
A viral photo of Princess Diana peering at Princess Charlotte is seriously freaking people out