Your guide to one of Greece's most beautiful islands: Mykonos
By: Glam Latte
Travel season is among us and so many people are heading to Europe's most beautiful beachy locations for the summer. I decided to put out this travel guide for any of you who are heading over to one of Greece's most beautiful islands – Mykonos. These are all photos and tips from my most recent trip there last fall and if you missed it I posted a photo diary as well as a video diary you can check out. I went into some detail about my trip but here are some specifics on the island itself.
Where to Stay:
AirBnB Hands down I think is the way to go, especially if you're on a budget. It was the difference between me staying two days or six. I chose six.
Petasos – This is a great luxury hotel away from the hustle and bustle of Chora situated in the Psarrou village. It is quiet, relaxing and I visited their spa which was amazing.
Where to Eat:
Alegro: This restaurant is located right on the water in Chora and the view is outstanding. This is a family style cafe and had the most amazing omelettes.
Salparo: Located in Chora you can't miss the big boat. I had dinner here and they have amazing seafood, beautiful views and a great vibe.
Starbucks Mykonos: This might sound horrific, and believe me, initially I thought there was no way I would go to Starbucks with so many great Mom and Pop restaurants, however being lactose intolerant in Mykonos was a challenge. I broke down and headed to Starbucks on my 4th day and it was great.
AB Supermarket: This is a great option if you go with AirBnB and end up with a kitchen. I'm also gluten intolerant so I went and got some groceries to have some food on hand in my apartment just in case.
What to do:
- Rent a car or scooter to get around the island. Although it is a very small island (about 30 square miles) you will need one unless you stay in Chora.
- If you do rent a car or scooter venture out and visit the beaches. Ornos Beach, Psarou Beach, Agios Sostis Beach, Panormos Beach and Ornos Beach are a few great ones.
- Wander the cobble stone streets of Chora. There are so many cute shops selling paintings and jewelry and you'll find little cafes and restaurants to pop into.
- Head over to Super Paradise beach club. If you want a party scene, this is it. Spend 6 Euro and get a chair hang out eat, drink and swim.
- Head to Little Venice in time for Sunset and see the rows of fishing houses with balconies that hang over the sea. Also visit the Chora windmills.
- Try to find Petros the Pelican, the official mascot of the island.
- Pack lots of breezy dresses and comfy shoes. The weather is hot and you are going to want to walk around.
- Bring beach essentials- SPF, cute sarong and sunnies.
- The sun, sand and wind will take a toll on your hair. Prepare for frizz with a sun hat.
- Don't forget the plug converter.
- There are ATM's everywhere, but they are expensive. Try to have some cash and use credit cards when you can.
- Have your camera with you at all times. This place is so beautiful you are going to want to snap A LOT of pictures!
- Relax and take it all in. This is such a calming, relaxing place, really try to enjoy it!
Strobing Makeup Tutorial