Lady Gaga's debut album The Fame dropped today (August 19) in 2008. That's right: Everyone's favorite provocateur turned pop star turned respected vocal talent turned Tony Bennett bestie has been rocking around in leotards and extravagant hair accouterments for seven years -- and while we've loved all her different iterations, we're most excited for what comes next.
Since wrapping her Cheek to Cheek tour with Bennett earlier this month, Gaga appears to be going full steam ahead with work on her solo follow-up to 2013's ARTPOP. Two weeks ago, she captioned a close-up photo of herself with "LG5 Time," which fans took to mean work on her fifth studio album was beginning in earnest. Social media message cracked! Thank goodness! (LG5 also seems to suggest that ARTPOP Part 2, an idea she floated last year, seems to have died.)
Below, speculation abounds as we round up all the nuggets so far about what Gaga's fifth album might look and sound like.
1. Gaga sent hearts aflutter back in January when she confirmed she was back in the studio with RedOne, her co-writer for some of her biggest early hits, including "Poker Face" and "Bad Romance." "We took a little break from each other and now it feels like we are in a good place, both of us. She did her thing, I did my thing, and it feels like we're back on track together," RedOne said to The National. "With Gaga, I'm fully committed until we're done -- we're just going to work on writing songs -- 20, 30, 40 songs -- until we get hopefully the best album of the decade." We could get into that.
2. She's been a pop princess and a jazz siren -- is disco queen next? The Internet certainly seemed to think so this week, following a Gaga Instagram of herself rocking out to what sounds like a Gaga cover of Andrea True Connection's 1976 hit "More, More, More." (Actually, it doesn't sound too far off from Babes In Toyland's rock version of the hit.) "Off to work!" she captioned the tease.
3. While studio time may be increasing, her manager told Billboard earlier this year that no album would be forthcoming until 2016 -- which makes sense. In addition to touring, she's had American Horror Story commitments. (Fans will be able to see her on the buzzy show beginning in October.)
4. We all love a break-up album, but if regular lovey-dovey social media messages are any indication, LG5 may be more love story than "Poker Face" thanks to the inspiration of her hunky new fiance (and "You & I" video star) Taylor Kinney. Start preparing for chills now.
5. We can dream for an Adele collaboration, right?
Click through for photos of Lady Gaga through the years:
Lady Gaga's different looks through the years
Everything we know (so far) about Lady Gaga's upcoming album
HOLLYWOOD, CA - FEBRUARY 22: Lady Gaga performs onstage during the 87th Annual Academy Awards at Dolby Theatre on February 22, 2015 in Hollywood, California. (Photo by Kevin Winter/Getty Images)
NEW YORK, NY - JUNE 18: Contemporary Icon Award Recipient Lady Gaga performs onstage at the Songwriters Hall Of Fame 46th Annual Induction And Awards at Marriott Marquis Hotel on June 18, 2015 in New York City. (Photo by Michael Loccisano/Getty Images for Songwriters Hall Of Fame)
Lady Gaga and Alexander Wang arrives at the 2015 Metropolitan Museum of Art's Costume Institute Gala benefit in honor of the museums latest exhibit China: Through the Looking Glass May 4, 2015 in New York. AFP PHOTO / TIMOTHY A. CLARY (Photo credit should read TIMOTHY A. CLARY/AFP/Getty Images)
HOLLYWOOD, CA - FEBRUARY 22: Recording artist Lady Gaga attends the 87th Annual Academy Awards at Hollywood & Highland Center on February 22, 2015 in Hollywood, California. (Photo by Jason Merritt/Getty Images)
BERLIN, GERMANY - OCTOBER 08: Siger Lady Gaga visits the NBA Global Games Tour 2014 match between Alba Berlin and San Antonio Spurs at O2 World on October 8, 2014 in Berlin, Germany. (Photo by Boris Streubel/Bongarts/Getty Images)
BRUSSELS, BELGIUM - SEPTEMBER 22: Artists Tony Bennett and Lady Gaga attend a press conference about the album 'cheek to cheek' at City Hall on September 22, 2014 in Brussels, Belgium. (Photo by Mark Renders/Getty Images)
WASHINGTON, DC - DECEMBER 07: Lady Gaga walks the red carpet during the 27th Annual Kennedy Center Honors at John F. Kennedy Center for the Performing Arts on December 7, 2014 in Washington, DC. (Photo by Kris Connor/Getty Images)
NEW YORK, NY - SEPTEMBER 05: Lady Gaga attends Samsung GALAXY At Harper's BAZAAR Celebrates Icons By Carine Roitfeld at The Plaza Hotel on September 5, 2014 in New York City. (Photo by Dimitrios Kambouris/Getty Images for Samsung)
US music star Lady Gaga waves upon her arrival at the Narita International airport in Narita, Chiba prefecture on August 12, 2014. Gaga is set to play two nights at the Chiba Marine Stadium in Tokyo on August 13 and 14 before heading to Seoul to perform at the Olympic Stadium on August 16. AFP PHOTO / TOSHIFUMI KITAMURA (Photo credit should read TOSHIFUMI KITAMURA/AFP/Getty Images)
NEW YORK, NY - MARCH 28: Lady Gaga arrives at Roseland Ballroom on March 28, 2014 in New York City. (Photo by Theo Wargo/Getty Images)
Lady Gaga arrives at the 2014 Vanity Fair Oscar Party on March 2, 2014 in West Hollywood, California. AFP PHOTO/ADRIAN SANCHEZ-GONZALEZ (Photo credit should read ADRIAN SANCHEZ-GONZALEZ/AFP/Getty Images)
LOS ANGELES, CA - JANUARY 24: Singer Lady Gaga attends The 2014 MusiCares Person Of The Year Gala Honoring Carole King at Los Angeles Convention Center on January 24, 2014 in Los Angeles, California. (Photo by Jason Merritt/Getty Images)
LONDON, UNITED KINGDOM - DECEMBER 08: Lady GaGa attends on day 2 of the Capital FM Jingle Bell Ball at 02 Arena on December 8, 2013 in London, England. (Photo by Stuart C. Wilson/Getty Images)
US pop music star Lady Gaga poses for photographers upon her arrival at Narita Airport, outside Tokyo on November 26, 2013. Lady Gaga is in Japan to promote her latest album 'ARTPOP'. AFP PHOTO/Toru YAMANAKA (Photo credit should read TORU YAMANAKA/AFP/Getty Images)
LOS ANGELES, CA - NOVEMBER 24: Singer Lady Gaga performs onstage during the 2013 American Music Awards at Nokia Theatre L.A. Live on November 24, 2013 in Los Angeles, California. (Photo by Kevin Winter/Getty Images)
LOS ANGELES, CA - NOVEMBER 24: Singer Lady Gaga attends the 2013 American Music Awards at Nokia Theatre L.A. Live on November 24, 2013 in Los Angeles, California. (Photo by Jason Merritt/Getty Images)
BROOKLYN, NY - NOVEMBER 10: Lady Gaga attends artRave on November 10, 2013 in Brooklyn, New York. (Photo by Bryan Bedder/Getty Images for Benjamin Rollins Caldwell)
NEW YORK, NY - SEPTEMBER 06: Lady Gaga speaks at The Daily Front Row's Fashion Media Awards at Harlow on September 6, 2013 in New York City. (Photo by D Dipasupil/Getty Images for The Daily Front Row)
NEW YORK, NY - AUGUST 19: (EXCLUSIVE COVERAGE. SPECIAL RATES APPLY.) Lady Gaga talks with 'The Morning Mash Up' Live on SiriusXM Hits 1 at SiriusXM Studio on August 19, 2013 in New York City. (Photo by Jamie McCarthy/Getty Images for SiriusXM)
Singer Lady Gaga arrives at Macy's Herald Square in New York on September 14, 2012 to launch her first fragrance, Lady Gaga Fame, released through the singer's own Haus Laboratories in association with Coty. (Photo credit TIMOTHY A. CLARY/AFP/Getty Images)