Sea Scallops Florentine Fettuccini with Mushrooms and Tomatoes
The sauce in this Sea Scallops Florentine Fettuccini with Mushrooms and Tomatoes is everything! It literally consists of chicken stock and I Can't Believe It's Not Butter. After sautéing your veggies, you let all that goodness simmer lightly in a buttery sauce for a really creamy taste.
When it comes to searing scallops, it is essential to have a really hot sauté pan to ensure they caramelize correctly. There is nothing worse than boiled protein, nothing. Scallops just take on a different flavor when they are seared brown; all of the natural sugars just come out giving it a beautiful sweet taste. After you flipped your scallops over, tilt the pan towards yourself and spoon up the I Can't Believe It's Not Butter drippings from the pan and pour them over the sautéed scallops. So good!
Photos of Sea Scallops Florentine Fettuccini with Mushrooms and Tomatoes recipe:
1 pound of sea scallops
2 cups of packed baby spinach
2 red tomatoes cut into 8 wedges
2 yellow tomatoes cut into 8 wedges
2 cups of sliced baby Portobello mushrooms
4 cloves of finely minced garlic
½ small diced shallot
1 cup of chicken stock
1/3 cup of I Can't Believe It's Not Butter + 2 tablespoons
1 pound of cooked fettuccini noodles
Kosher salt and fresh cracked pepper to taste
- Season the scallops on all sides with salt and pepper.
- In a large sauté pan on high heat, add in 1 tablespoon of I Can't Believe It's Not Butter until melted and add in the seasoned scallops and sear for 4 minutes or until golden brown. Once they are caramelized on the bottom, flip them over and cook for another 3 to 4 minutes. Remove them from the pan once they are cooked and set aside. Scallops should be firm.
- In the same pan add in 1 tablespoon of I Can't Believe It's Not Butter until melted and toss in the mushrooms are caramelize.
- Once they are brown add in the shallots and garlic and sauté for 2 minutes. At this point add in the tomatoes and sauté for another minute.
- Next, add in the chicken stock and remaining I Can't Believe It's Not Butter and simmer in low heat for 3 to 4 minutes. Finish by adding in the spinach, cooked fettuccini, salt and pepper and toss together until combined. Top off with the seared scallops. Serve hot.
Compensation for this post was provided by Unilever via AOL Media. The opinions expressed herein are those of the author and are not indicative of the opinions or positions of Unilever or AOL.