Grilled Salmon topped with Avocado Salsa
In an effort to eat better, I have been trying to create meals that for my family that are healthier for all of us. It has been fun finding and experimenting with different food combinations to find new dishes everyone can enjoy. We recently tried this Grilled Salmon topped with Avocado Salsa that was absolutely delicious. I love salmon and avocados, so it made sense for me to combine these two good fats into a tasty and nutritious dish.
Photos of Grilled Salmon topped with Avocado Salsa recipe:
2 lbs salmon (cut into pieces if needed)
1 Tbsp. olive oil
1 tsp salt
1 tsp ground cumin
1 tsp paprika powder
1 tsp onion powder
¼ to ½ tsp chili powder (depending on preference)
1 tsp black pepper
1 avocado, cubed
½ small red onion, chopped
2 limes, juiced
1-2 Tbsp. cilantro, chopped
Salt to taste
- Mix together in a small bowl, the salt, chili powder, cumin, paprika, onion and black pepper
- Lay salmon onto a plate and drizzle olive oil over the filets.
- Rub the spice mixture into the filets so they are all covered.
- Place Salmon back in the fridge and cover for at least 30 minutes.
- Pre-heat the grill.
- Grill your Salmon until it is thoroughly cooked through.
- We love to grill on cedar planks. Be sure to soak them in water for several hours before using them.
- Cut avocado into small cubes and place in a medium size bowl.
- Chop your onion and add to the avocado.
- Squeeze the fresh lime juice over the avocado mixture.
- Add the cilantro (if desired) and salt.
- Stir together carefully to combine. You don't want to totally smash up the avocado, just to make sure it is evenly mixed together and still chunky.
Compensation and/or product for this post was provided by Unilever via AOL Media. The opinions expressed herein are those of the author and are not indicative of the opinions or positions of Unilever or AOL.