Hawaii for less! 7 money-saving tips for your family vacation
You've been working long hours, dying to spend more time with your family and the only thing on your mind is taking off for a fun-filled family vacay. Sound a little something like you? Well, not to worry -- we're here to help make that vision a reality (and save you money along the way).
While there are several gorgeous, serene and virtually perfect places you can go, there's no denying that Hawaii is on pretty much everyone's bucket list.
Many people often think Hawaii is too far and too expensive to be worth the trip, but the truth is -- if you make use of miles, points and deals it can definitely pay off in a big way. After all, who can actually deny the blue ocean water, warm sand and that incredible island breeze?
If you're like us and Hawaii is definitely on your list of places to take the family, check out these great money-saving travel tips to help you plan your exciting getaway!
1) Wait for flights to go on sale and save 40 to 50 percent on your tickets
2) Use your points and miles (if you have them)
3) Travel in the off-season
4) Rent a condo or house instead of staying at a resort
5) Negotiate for a rental car upgrade
6) Visit a wholesale discount store to stock up on food and drink
7) Stay active (the more active you are the less you'll spend)
For more vacation inspiration, click through for some of the most gorgeous islands in the world:
More on AOL.com:
The most violent phenomena of nature
Filmmaking vs. nature: Capturing a real geyser
Photographer Henry Lizardlover really lives up to his name