Vinicius Rodrigues -- a 22-year-old barber in Brazil -- is making a change in his community in a huge way.
The barbershop owner opens his shop, Bom de Corte, early -- at 8:30 a.m -- so he can give haircuts to those who can't afford them.
The barbershop is filled with colorful beanbag chairs that clients patiently sit on while they wait for Rodrigues to cut their hair.
While Rodrigues only recently began giving free hair cuts at his barbershop, at least once a month, he makes special trips with his 19-year-old friend, Esdras Gomes. Vinicius and Esdras visit nursing homes, childcare centers and homeless shelters, offering free haircuts.
Vinicius' inspiration came from his father who initially encouraged him to take a barber course. It was at the barber course that he met his friend Esdras, and the two have been inseparable (and making a change) ever since.
To start, Vinicius invested $14 USD in a chair and his mother gifted him with a mirror.
Aside from the free haircuts he gives to the less fortunate, a normal haircut as his shop usually costs around $3 USD.
See the video below for another touching example of a barber making a difference:
- Savings Interest Rates SkyRocket After Fed Meeting
- With the Recent Rate Hike, CDs Become Best Investment
- Mortgage Rates Remain Low by Historical Standards – Experts Urge Locki…
- $400K Refi in this Economy? 1.99% APR (15 yr)
- Need Cash for Your Fixer Upper? Use Your Home's Equity!
- Experts Recommend Refi Before Rates Keep Rising
- Dad discovers 11-year-old has been drinking ‘mimosas’ in the bathtu…
- This Southern style Caesar salad features juicy grilled shrimp seasone…
- Olay dropped its limited-edition Pride-inspired face cream, and it’ll …
- Forget the 30yr mortgage if you owe less than $822K (Do this instea…
- How to pay off your house ASAP (So simple it's unbelievable)
- Congress Gives Veterans A Generous Mortgage Relief Program
- Today's Top Mortgage Rates in Your Area
- Reach Your Financial Goals and Help Your Money Grow with these Top Inv…
- Drowning in Credit Card Debt? Consider a Debt Consolidation Loan!