Grilled Chicken and Spring Vegetables with Garlic Chive Butter
I decided to whip up an extremely tasty garlic-chive buttery spread to finish off my roasted vegetables and grilled chicken. I mean seriously, this spread would go fantastic with anything. It just adds that extra bit of love to your dish without a lot of hassle of spending tons of time figuring how to make something truly taste better. I added fresh chopped garlic, chives and shallots to a ½ cup of I Can't Believe It's Not Butter. I wanted to keep the dish smart while still getting the most flavor I could, so I Can't Believe It's Not Butter was a no brainer. Not only does it include plant-based good fats, but it's also incredibly tasty and provides such a rich creaminess to chicken and vegetables. I also seasoned it very well with salt and pepper since I did not season the vegetables, because I wanted this buttery spread to provide all of the flavor.
Coat the vegetables in a little bit of melted I Can't Believe It's Not Butter and in the oven they go to roast up! For the grilled chicken, remember to not cook it on the hottest part of the grill as the skin will cause lots of flames to shoot out and risk the chance to char up your chicken. It won't be good, trust me!
Photos of Grilled Chicken and Spring Vegetables with Garlic Chive Butter recipe:
1 whole chicken cut in half, back bone removed
1 bunch of radishes
1 bunch of spring red onions
5 baby golden Yukon potatoes cut in half
1 bunch of baby carrots
1 bunch of haricot vets
½ cup of I Can't Believe It's Not Butter + 4 tablespoons melted
3 cloves of finely minced garlic
½ small diced small shallot
1 tablespoons of thinly sliced fresh chives
Kosher salt and fresh cracked pepper to taste
- Preheat the oven to 450°.
- Preheat the grill to medium.
- In a small bowl whisk together ½ cup of I can't Believe It's Not butter, garlic, shallots, chives, salt and pepper and set aside in the refrigerator to keep cool.
- Add the chicken halves to a large bowl and coat them in 2 tablespoons of melted I Can't Believe It's Not Butter and season with salt and pepper.
- Add the chicken to the grill skin side down on a less hot part of the grill grates and cook for 15 to 20 minutes and flip over and cook for a further 15 to 20 minutes or until the chicken is golden brown on all sides and cooked throughout. Remove the grill and rest before serving.
- In a separate large bowl toss together the vegetables and 2 tablespoons of I Can't Believe It's Not Butter and spread on a sheet pan lined with parchment paper.
- After the chicken has been flipped over for the first time, add the vegetables to the oven and roast for 15 to 20 minutes or until they start to become brown and are cooked.
- Once the vegetables are cooked, toss them in the garlic chive butter and spread a little bit onto the cooked chicken and serve.
Compensation for this post was provided by Unilever via AOL Media. The opinions expressed herein are those of the author and are not indicative of the opinions or positions of Unilever or AOL.