Couple says 'I do' just as their home goes up in flames
In just a few hours of bittersweet tragedy, Dayleen Marrero and Andrew Taylor were married — and without a home.
Right before this Chicago couple said their "I Dos," their lives changed in an instant. The couples' 2-story apartment building caught fire, and they lost almost everything they owned to the fire...including their wedding rings.
Taylor, who was still at home getting ready for his big day, was able to escape with their pit bull mix and his tuxedo, but unfortunately nothing else.
While Marrero and Taylor were shocked and devastated by what had happened, the couple still made the best of their bittersweet wedding day.
The couple is now faced with the reality of starting completely over, which comes with a huge financial burden. To help alleviate a bit of this, a friend started a Go Fund Me page for the couple. Thanks to hundreds of generous people, Dayleen and Andrew have $12,895 so far!
More from AOL.com:
Woman makes shocking claim on live TV
Grandmother escaped from nursing home for best reason ever
New distracted driving PSA makes highly emotional impact