On July 28, 1945, residents of New York City were horrified when an airplane crashed into the Empire State Building, leaving 14 dead. Though the events of that day have largely faded from public memory, they remain etched in the minds of those who experienced them.
The B-25 Bomber hit the 79th floor, and in a spooky turn of events, it was revealed that Franklin D Roosevelt had had lunch on the 76th floor only a few hours before. Fourteen people died in the accident, as luckily it was a weekend. This was the first time an aeroplane had crashed into a major New York Skyscraper.
- Savings Interest Rates SkyRocket After Fed Meeting
- With the Recent Rate Hike, CDs Become Best Investment
- Mortgage Rates Remain Low by Historical Standards – Experts Urge Locki…
- $400K Refi in this Economy? 1.99% APR (15 yr)
- Need Cash for Your Fixer Upper? Use Your Home's Equity!
- Experts Recommend Refi Before Rates Keep Rising
- Instagram is living for this photo-worthy cookware set — and there …
- These baby carriers from Mission Critical are perfect for the adventur…
- Heading back to the office? Shop 5 work-ready dresses for under $30
- Forget the 30yr mortgage if you owe less than $822K (Do this instea…
- How to pay off your house ASAP (So simple it's unbelievable)
- Congress Gives Veterans A Generous Mortgage Relief Program
- Today's Top Mortgage Rates in Your Area
- Reach Your Financial Goals and Help Your Money Grow with these Top Inv…
- Drowning in Credit Card Debt? Consider a Debt Consolidation Loan!