Another toddler's tantrum is making headlines — except this time it resulted in a very generous act from a stranger.
Melissa Wistehuff and her family were on vacation in North Carolina when her 2-year-old son Ian began throwing what she called a "category 5" tantrum, kicking and screaming during dinner at Sammy's Seafood House.
"He was arching his back and stiff as a board. It was hard to get him out of his high chair, he was screaming and crying. I immediately got up, got him out of his high chair and took him out of the restaurant."
Melissa says she brought Ian back in when he calmed down but quickly went back to screaming and crying so her husband took a turn and went outside with him.
She told WTVD she decided dinner was done and asked for the check, mortified and thinking that she had angered other patrons trying to enjoy their meal. That's when the waiter told her the check had already been taken care of.
Turns out another diner admired how Melissa and her husband handled Ian's meltdown.
"I said, 'What? You're kidding! Why would they do that?' He said they just so admired how we handled the situation. [We] got him out of the restaurant and not having to put the other people in the restaurant through a tantrum...and I'm sure they also felt sorry for us."
More from AOL.com:
Mysterious hair ice phenomenon explained
World's first malaria vaccine gets regulatory go-ahead, faces WHO review
Turkey strikes Islamic State, Kurdish militants in drive for 'safe zone'
The Latest from our Partners
- Savings Interest Rates SkyRocket After Fed Meeting
- With the Recent Rate Hike, CDs Become Best Investment
- Mortgage Rates Remain Low by Historical Standards – Experts Urge Locki…
- Mortgage rates drop once again, remaining below 3%
- Refi with no hidden fees/points - as low as 2.125% APR (15yr)
- Do this before your next mortgage payment (it's genius)
- Hurry! All Saints is offering 70 percent off on dozens of styles fo…
- Amazon’s smallest indoor smart security camera is only $35
- The turtleneck sweater with more than 10,000 Amazon reviews is finally…
- Forget the 30yr mortgage if you owe less than $726k (Do this instea…
- How to pay off your house ASAP (So simple it's unbelievable)
- Congress Gives Veterans A Generous Mortgage Relief Program
- Two Savings Accounts That Pay 10x What Your Bank Pays
- CD Rates Skyrocket
- What Most Americans Don't Realize About Car Insurance