George Parby thought he was going to die. The truck driver dangled over a Michigan overpass for more than an hour Tuesday, after he tried to maneuver out of the way of a car in front of him that abruptly hit its brakes.
"I saw the red light behind the car, and applied my brake, and I started skidding left," Parby said.
He told WXYZ reporter Curtis Jackson he swerved into the barrier to avoid hitting other drivers.
"The driver was dangling for an extended period of time inside the tractor, with the trailer acting as a counterbalance," Romulus Police Captain Joshua Monte told WXYZ.
The Romulus Fire Department used its bucket truck to get the driver out safely.
Parby was taken to the hospital but was later released.
The Detroit News reported hazmat crews were called in to clean up some spilled fuel from the crash. Roads were closed for much of the day but reopened Tuesday night.
- Savings Interest Rates SkyRocket After Fed Meeting
- With the Recent Rate Hike, CDs Become Best Investment
- Mortgage Rates Remain Low by Historical Standards – Experts Urge Locki…
- Are you a homeowner? Refinance rates at 2.06% APR.
- You've got thousands of reasons to refinance ($$$)
- Mortgage payoff tactic eliminates 15 years of payments
- 8 of the cutest tie-dye swimsuits from around the web at every pric…
- ‘I held my fiancée’s sister’s baby, and she freaked out’
- Even your toddler will love this gluten-free, fruit-filled smash cake …
- Forget the 30yr mortgage if you owe less than $822K (Do this instea…
- How to pay off your house ASAP (So simple it's unbelievable)
- Congress Gives Veterans A Generous Mortgage Relief Program
- Today's Top Mortgage Rates in Your Area
- Reach Your Financial Goals and Help Your Money Grow with these Top Inv…
- Drowning in Credit Card Debt? Consider a Debt Consolidation Loan!