Top 5 On the Go: Friday July 10
1. John Kerry speaks out on Russian threat
The State Department said Friday U.S. Secretary of State John Kerry, does not agree with the Marine Corps general who said yesterday that Russia poses an existential threat to the U.S.
2. Greek leader confesses mistakes
Prime Minister Alexis Tsipras said in a personal speech on Friday, that he fought hard to win bailout funds for his country, but admitted his government had made mistakes during his 6-month tenure.
3. FBI reveals a flaw that allowed Dylann Roof to buy a gun
The man accused of killing 9 people at a South Carolina church had a police record, the FBI said on Friday, and should not have been able to purchase a firearm.
4. Sheriff backs the release of controversial shooting suspect
The sheriff of San Francisco staunchly defended his department's decision, to release a Mexican immigrant who was later accused of murdering a woman walking along a city pier.
5. Defense rests its case in Colorado shooting trial
James Holmes' lawyers closed their arguments Friday after weeks of trying to prove he was legally insane, when he killed 12 people and wounded 70 others at a movie theater in 2012.
Explore more stories on AOL.com.