12 tips to help you crush your interview at Goldman Sachs
Just because it's summer and school's out, doesn't mean that you shouldn't be thinking about future career plans.
On Wall Street, recruiting season will be here before we know it. Now is the perfect time to get ahead and start preparing for those interviews.
The interview is meant to determine if you're a good fit for the company.
The interview is used to determine if you have the necessary skills and experience for the job, to see if you are motivated to do the job, to figure out if you will thrive in the company's culture and if the company is a good fit for you.
The first thing you need to do before the actual interview is figure out why you want it.
In preparation for the interview, Goldman Sachs suggests you answer these questions:
1. Which experiences and skills make you perfect for the job?
2. What are your strengths and weaknesses?
3. Do you have the necessary skills and commitment?
4. How do you know you want this job?
Then you need to craft your story in a way that will resonate with your interviewer.
Once you've answered these questions about why you're the right candidate you should craft a story that will leave an impact on your interviewer.
More from Business Insider:
- Deutsche Bank shares are getting crushed
- Here's how Li Ka-shing became the richest man in Hong Kong
- Young Wall Street went black tie on Thursday night