The demographic trends are clear: white people are dying faster than they are being born.
According to the population estimates released by the U.S. Census Bureau, this is the third year in a row showing that deaths of caucasians outnumbered births.
Kenneth Johnson, senior demographer at the University of New Hampshire's Carsey School of Public Policy, commented for Al Jazeera:
%shareLinks-quote="The minority population is growing, and the non-Hispanic white population is not." type="spreadWord"%
Mr Johnson's analysis reveal that whites are currently 62 percent of the population but they make up 78 percent of deaths.
With this ratio between birth and death rates we can expect white children to become a minority in the next 5 years.
More from AOL.com:
Twitter blasts homophobes for wanting to move to Canada
This invention lets you control your computer with a banana
These people are making art out of screen glitches
The Latest from our Partners
- Savings Interest Rates SkyRocket After Fed Meeting
- With the Recent Rate Hike, CDs Become Best Investment
- Mortgage Rates Remain Low by Historical Standards – Experts Urge Locki…
- Refinance rates at 2.125% APR (15yr). Calculate your rate now
- A simple way to pay off your house ASAP
- Experts urge Americans to refinance in 2021
- Amazon shoppers say this teddy-lined hoodie feels like ‘being snugg…
- The under-$10 product a popular TikTok doctor recommends for treating …
- These 3 coconut skincare products are shower staples
- Forget the 30yr mortgage if you owe less than $726k (Do this instea…
- How to pay off your house ASAP (So simple it's unbelievable)
- Congress Gives Veterans A Generous Mortgage Relief Program
- Two Savings Accounts That Pay 10x What Your Bank Pays
- CD Rates Skyrocket
- What Most Americans Don't Realize About Car Insurance