Take risks in the kitchen with Ashton Keefe's new cookbook
Get Ashton's new book Lemon & Salt!
Enjoy throwing big parties? Maybe you prefer picnics and outdoor dining? Dinner for two more manageable for you? Maybe you're just the girl to open the wine. No shame. Here are my tips for defining your culinary revelry and getting confident in the kitchen.
1. You can cook, stop saying you can't. If you can recognize something on a menu and you have hands to hold a knife, you got this. Trust me.
2. Make it as complicated (or uncomplicated) as you want. There are shortcuts to make your life easier and classic techniques to step up your game - chefs at home use both, daily. No judgement.
3. You won't break the bank with ingredients (all recipes contain minimal ingredients - many repeatable!). You don't need a big fancy kitchen of specialty equipment.
4. Go easy on yourself, it's supposed to be fun. It's the thought, experience and people you share a meal with that make it memorable.
5. Cooking is significantly more fun (and easier) when wine is involved. Just saying.
Want even more recipe inspiration from Ashton?