Free in Your City: Weekend events roundup
- Riviera Villa Summer Festival - This event features an international food court, over 200 booths and carnival rides the whole family will love; Redondo Beach; June 28 & 29, 10 a.m.-7 p.m.
- 1st Annual Lake Balboa Movie Madness - Pack a picnic, bring a blanket and have a memorable summer night with a movie in the park; Lake Balboa, June 27, 8 p.m.
- Kids Club: The Science of Flavor – Explore the world of flavor with Chef Ernie Miller! Don't be fooled, this class will be as delicious as it is educational; Pasadena, June 27, 11 a.m.
- 9th Annual PrideFest – Enjoy a fun afternoon at one of the largest pride festivals in the nation; Seattle Center, June 28
- "Soul Sandhya" Performance - Join the Soul Sandhya, a group of performers who bring divine music to their local communities, for an evening of peaceful meditation; Bellevue, July 27, 6:30 p.m.- 9 p.m.
- 30th Annual EQC Taste of Tacoma – This outdoor, family-friendly event will feature food from over 30 restaurants, entertainment and fun carnival games and rides for youngsters; Tacoma, July 26, 27 & 28
- 21st Annual Surf City Classic: Woodies on the Wharf -- This event boasts Northern California's largest woodie show featuring more than 200 stylish wood-bodied cars; Santa Cruz Wharf, June 27
- San Francisco Pride Festival -- Don't miss out on the celebratory shenanigans at the largest LGBT gathering in the nation: Civic Center, June 27 & 28
- City Star Party & Telescope Night -- Explore all the universe has to offer while socializing with other star-gazing enthusiasts; Presidio, June 27, 8 p.m.-11 p .m.
NEW YORK CITY
- Central Park Family Picnic - Enjoy live music, lawn games, fishing, and park exploration activities for the whole family; Central Park, June 27, 12 p.m.- 3 p.m.
- 22nd Annual PrideFest - The annual street fair combines vendors, entertainers and activities for a day of fun and celebration in the name of equality; Locations vary, June 28, 11 a.m.- 6 p.m.
- 4th Annual Summerfest - This incredible family-friendly event includes music, games and prizes your kids will be sure to love; Bronx, June 27, 11 a.m.- 3 p.m.
- "Lost & Found" – A thought provoking play that examines the pros and cons of hyperconnectivity in the modern world; Wicker Park, June 27, 7:30 p.m
- Elston Avenue Sausage & Music Fest – This celebration is for meat-lovers everywhere! With live music and kid-friendly activities, this is definitely an event you won't want to miss; Downtown Chicago, June 27 & 28, 12 p.m.-10 p.m.
- Pride Parade - Make sure to claim your spot along the parade route early! Bar and restaurant celebrations follow the parade and continue throughout the night; Downtown, July 28, 12 p.m.
- Miami Performance International Festival - A four-day festival that showcases the city's performance artists, video artists, musicians, visual artists and more; June 25-28, location and times vary
- Tour of Adrienne Arsht Center – Get an insider's view of Miami-Dade's premiere performing arts center; Miami, June 27, 12 p.m.-1 p.m.
- Screening of "Shunned: What it takes to be a woman" – Check out this award-winning documentary about the struggles faced by a group of transgender women in the Philippines; Miami Beach, June 27 & 28, times vary
- Pride In London Parade – This colorful, lively celebration is the only annual event to close London's iconic Oxford Street; Oxford Street, June 27, 1 p.m.
- Charterhouse Square Summer Fayre – Bring your friends and family for a fun afternoon filled with dancing, storytelling and of course, delicious food; Charterhouse Square, June 27, 12 p.m.-4:30 p.m.
- Hackney WickED DIY Open Studios – Hackney Wick artists are coming to celebrate the artist and creative community in the area. This open studio might be the last one for a while, so don't miss out; Hackney Wick, June 27 & 28, 11 a.m.-6 p.m.
Have any fun and free weekend events you think everyone should know about? Use #AOLFreeInYourCity to be featured in next week's round-up!