10 local activities that easily substitute for a fun summer getaway
When it comes to summertime fun -- packing your bags, hopping on a plane and heading out to a Carribbean island may not exactly be in your financial prospects. Although a handful of people you know are easily able to spend spring break in Cancun or summer's in France, this may not be the case for you, and that's completely okay.
The truth is, just because you can't go on an actual vacation doesn't mean your summer has to be a total fail. There are plenty of ways you can save money, stay within your hometown and fully enjoy the warm weather.
Here are 10 local summertime activities that will easily make you feel like you're on vacation!
1) Cool down at a waterpark
2) Enjoy a picnic in the park
3) Dance the night away at a local concert
4) Embrace nature at your local botanical garden
5) Have a beachside campfire with friends
6) Hang with the adorable local animals at the zoo
7) Take relaxation to a whole new level with an all day beach trip
8) Take in all nature has to offer with a classic camping trip
9) Spend the day kicking back at the park or go the active route with a good park workout
10) Attend an outdoor movie screening
Planning a non-local vacay? Check out these fun hot spots from all around the world:
More on AOL.com:
Top 5 biggest summer music festivals
Things to do and eat in Central Park
27 things to try before you settle down