Spicy BBQ Chicken Tostadas
As a kid, I'm pretty sure my cheese of choice was the kind that comes in plastic packets and only has to contain 51% actual cheese. That doesn't quite work for me now. I want the real stuff. I am IN LOVE with Sargento slices; real off the block cheese with only 5 ingredients. There's really no competition when it comes to real versus processed cheese. I should have chosen this Sargento Pepper Jack cheese as a kid, and I DEFINITELY choose it now. Creamy, real, delicious. The best.
I also didn't make these in a microwave (not to bash that method...because in my former life microwaves were my JAM). I thought they'd be much more fun, and more perfect for Summer, by throwing them on the grill! You can make them stove-top, or on your outdoor grill in no time. Trust me, when I say a recipe is easy, it really is.
I hope you all are cheese lovers like me and LOVE this recipe. The fresh flavors are the perfect compliment to long Summer nights. Delish!
Check out photos of the Spicy BBQ Chicken Tostadas:
Prep time: 10 mins
Cook time: 6 mins
Total time: 16 mins
4 small corn tortillas
olive oil spray
1/2 pound shredded rotisserie chicken, tossed completely in your favorite BBQ sauce
1 can black beans, drained and rinsed
4 slices Sargento Pepper Jack Natural Cheese Slices
1 cup blue cheese or feta crumbles (optional)
fresh cilantro for garnish
jalapeños for garnish
more BBQ sauce for garnish
- Preheat grill to medium/high heat.
- Lightly spray the front and back of each tortilla with olive oil spray (very lightly)
- Place each tortilla down on the grill and allow to cook for 2-3 minutes.
- Flip each tortilla and top with one slice of cheese, followed by beans, followed by BBQ chicken. Allow to continue cooking for about 2 more minutes, or until tortillas are fully crispy and browned on the edges.
- Take off of grill and place on a plate.
- Top each tortilla with blue cheese or feta crumbles (optional) fresh cilantro, and 2-3 jalapeños. Drizzle with more BBQ sauce.
- Serve hot, enjoy!
Compensation for this post was provided by Sargento Foods via AOL Media. The opinions expressed herein are those of the author and are not indicative of the opinions or positions of Sargento Foods or AOL.