Grilled Peach & Pepper Jack Pizza
To give this pizza a hot "kick", I layered flatbread with slices of Sargento Pepper Jack cheese. To give it natural sweetness and to balance the heat, I drizzled it with honey and topped it with a fresh grilled peach and deli ham slices. To smooth out the flavors, I added Sargento Provolone sliced cheese on top, and to give the pizza a vibrant fresh flavor - a sprinkling of fresh basil from my herb garden was the right choice. Perfection!!
Check out photos of the Grilled Peach & Pepper Jack Pizza:
1 flatbread or Naan
3 slices Sargento Pepper Jack Natural Cheese Slices
1 fresh unpeeled peach, ripe but firm, sliced into ¼" rings.
2-3 slices deli ham, roughly chopped
2 slices Sargento Provolone Natural Cheese Slices, cut into ½" squares
Fresh basil, chopped or left whole
1/8 teaspoon Red pepper flakes, optional
- Prepare grill. If using charcoal, place coals only on one side so there is direct and indirect heat available.
- Lightly brush peach slices with olive oil.
- Lightly brush both sides of flatbread with olive oil.
- Lightly drizzle honey over the bread.
- Place Sargento Pepper Jack cheese slices on top. If needed tear the cheese to fit the bread. Set the bread aside until peach slices are grilled.
- Place peach slices on the grill over the direct heat.
- Grill until the peaches have grill marks then turn peaches over and cook until peaches have softened just a little and have grill marks.
- Cut peach slices into chunks and place them on the pizza.
- Place sliced ham on the pizza.
- Dot the cut-up Sargento Provolone cheese on top and sprinkle pizza with fresh basil.
- Sprinkle with 1/8 teaspoon hot peppered flakes, is desired.
- Place pizza on the grill over indirect heat for 6-8 minutes - turn every 1-2 minutes. Keep lid closed as much as possible. Cook pizza until the bottom crust is golden and the toppings are hot.
For the full post, visit Simply Sated.
Compensation for this post was provided by Sargento Foods via AOL Media. The opinions expressed herein are those of the author and are not indicative of the opinions or positions of Sargento Foods or AOL.