13 revelations from Channing Tatum's Reddit AMA
Channing Tatum was the latest Hollywood star to submit to a Reddit AMA (Ask Me Anything) on Wednesday, giving fans an hour to see just how much of their curiosity the "Magic Mike XXL" star would be willing to indulge.
Turns out, it's a lot. Hundreds of questions were posted regarding his upcoming movie, his exercise regime, his favorite film and how he got into dancing, and he answered pretty much all of them — even the ones that strayed from what might be deemed appropriate. He was honest, hilarious and even provided guidance for those soliciting life advice.
Here are the 13 best and funniest revelations from Channing Tatum's AMA below.
1) He loves Chili's: When asked whether he once tried to get a beer at a Chili's in SeaTac airport without an ID, Tatum said, "That absolute was me. Because I love Chili's. And no one believed me that I got into an airport without my ID. I just wanted a beer and some chicken crisps, and I actually couldn't get either of them for a while, because I remember you guys didn't have chicken crisps either! What's a Chili's without chicken crisps?"
2) He's obsessed with Matt Bomer's eyes: One fan asked him whether he ever gets lost looking into costar Matt Bomer's eyes, to which Tatum responded, "No matter if you're a man, woman, cat, hamster, you will get lost in Matt Bomer's eyes. I don't know what they are made of outside of dreams and rainbows and amazingness, but it truly doesn't matter. And when he sings, it's like God gave with both hands and then grew a third hand and graced him with more. He's crazy talented."
3) His favorite movie he's ever done is "Step Up": When asked whether "Magic Mike XXL" was his favorite movie in which he's starred, Tatum responded yes, but quickly backtracked: "Wait, scratch that. It's 'Step Up.' Where I met my wife. Because if I don't say that my wife will kill me."
4) He loves Care Bears: A fan found out he had had a Care Bear-themed birthday party as a kid, and as it turns out, Tatum isn't over them. "I was just given a bear for my 35th Birthday by a friend Joanne and it was a bear with a heart on it. The carebear cousins were my favorite. There was the lion and the fast rabbit. Those two were pretty awesome."
5) He has a plan for the zombie apocalypse: When a fan asked him how he would survive an undead uprising, Tatum said, "Oh man. Crossbow, straight up, and I'd want an army of ninja chimpanzees that crush people all around me. Or I would just go to Sandra Bullock's house as I'm sure she has all that stuff because she's dope and kick-ass."
6) He just wants everyone to be naked: When asked what superpower he'd like to possess, Tatum said, "I wish that I could make anyone at any point just happen to be naked. Not for the reasons that everyone thinks. Because people get really nice when they get naked ... People aren't assholes when they get naked (for the most part). They are thinking about what they look like. Shitty answer, I tried to do something funny and it didn't work."
7) Jonah Hill is like a brother: Tatum was asked twice to describe his costar and friend, Jonah Hill. "Jonah is one of those people who, if you just sit back and just watch him, you in no way shape or form can understand how he's doing what he's doing ... He can completely be one of the most intellectually smart and quick people that I've ever been around, and then he can come down to my level and just be very kid like and just play without any pretension. I love him. He's like a brother to me."
8) He has no idea what "Jupiter Ascending" was: A fan asked, "What was 'Jupiter Ascending?'" to which Tatum responded, "Great question. I have the same one to myself."
9) He loves Pinterest: A fan asked him what he likes to do when he's having a bad day, and Tatum said, "Oh man. I love Pinterest. Swear to god. Just to not think about all the shit I have to do or what's going wrong, I just go and look at Pinterest. Or Flipboard."
10) He thinks his parents are hot: When asked why he's so hot, Tatum responded, "I don't know. I wish I could come up with something funny for this answer. My mom is beautiful and my dad doesn't suck either."
11) He loves peanut butter and jelly sandwiches with Cheetos: A fan asked Tatum about his recipe for the best sandwich, to which he said, "k get ready: it's very complicated. bread, white. peanut butter, not crunchy, creamy. grape jelly, double portion, more than you think should actually fit on a piece of white bread. bread. and then some cheetos shoved in there, and then you're good to go."
When another fan asked what he would take to a deserted island, peanut butter and jelly sandwiches got another mention: "I would like a magical palm tree that had a lot of shade with instead of coconuts there's just peanut butter jelly sandwiches with cheetos underneath. And my wife that is always happy and possibly naked."
12) His favorite Disney character is the broom from "Fantasia."
While he joked about his favorite TV show character when asked (King Joffrey from "Game of Thrones"), he was serious about his preference for the animated sweeper.
13) He and Chris Pratt are homies: When asked what picture he last snapped on his phone, Tatum said, "The last picture I took on my phone I was going into a meeting and there was a TV on the wall playing CNN and they were talking about "Jurassic World" shattering box office openings so I sent that to my buddy Pratt. I'm just really proud of him, happy for him. It also said something about southeast Texas weather pressure. That's what I was really trying to tell Pratt, to make sure he was aware of a pressure front coming in."
Check out the entire Reddit AMA here.
Read original story 13 Revelations From Channing Tatum's Reddit AMA At TheWrap