Attention all twenty-somethings!
If you are tired of being called a "hipster," and you're in your twenties, you are in luck! A new phrase is making it's way into the zeitgeist. Although after you hear it, you might like "hipster" better.
Thanks to the fine folks at Mashable, they have created a brand-new name for all you millenial hipsters: yuccie. Yuccie stands for Young Urban Creatives and according to David Infante of Mashable, a yuccie encompasses a "slice of Generation Y, borne of suburban comfort, indoctrinated with the transcendent power of education, and infected by the conviction that not only do we deserve to pursue our dreams; we should profit from them."
Mashable created a checklist of what it takes to be a yuccie:
-Owns multiple copies of "Freedom" by Jonathan Franzen
-Doesn't like gentrification in theory; loves artisanal donuts in practice
-Really wants to go to Austin soon because hears it's incredible
-Takes boozy painting classes
-Used to be "in banking" and occasionally still pronounces finance "fuh-nontz"
-Avoids visible tattoos (not a prudent career move)
-Loves "Seinfeld" even though it went off the air when they were 16
-Gets the NYT Weekend Edition but doesn't read the news
-Has thousands of Instagram followers, but almost no Twitter followers
If you still aren't sold, they also created a quiz that will give you a definitive answer. Nevertheless, if you are a yuccie, embrace it! Let's face it, you could be called worse.
More on AOL.com:
Chris Hemsworth joins 'Ghostbusters' as the team's secretary
Christopher Lee, legendary movie villain and horror icon, dies at 93
Jaden Smith joins Baz Luhrmann's Netflix music drama
The Latest from our Partners
- Savings Interest Rates SkyRocket After Fed Meeting
- With the Recent Rate Hike, CDs Become Best Investment
- Mortgage Rates Remain Low by Historical Standards – Experts Urge Locki…
- Mortgage rates drop once again, remaining below 3%
- Refi with no hidden fees/points - as low as 2.125% APR (15yr)
- Do this before your next mortgage payment (it's genius)
- 5 frozen organic meals the whole family will love
- I tried Sun Basket, a dietitian-approved healthy meal service
- 17 gender-neutral wardrobe staples to buy now
- Forget the 30yr mortgage if you owe less than $726k (Do this instea…
- How to pay off your house ASAP (So simple it's unbelievable)
- Congress Gives Veterans A Generous Mortgage Relief Program
- Two Savings Accounts That Pay 10x What Your Bank Pays
- CD Rates Skyrocket
- What Most Americans Don't Realize About Car Insurance