Save money on your A/C with these tips to keep cool
As the weather heats up, the air conditioner can really put a dent in your wallet or purse. But you don't have to reach for that beast when summer comes. The List's Ariel Wesler has a list of other easy ways to keep cool without A/C.
1. Get low. When you're relaxing or napping inside or outside, get as close to the ground as possible, where it's cooler.
2. Drink a glass of water before bed. It will make you hydrated -- and sweating while you sleep will cool you down.
3. Go camping in your backyard. Bonus? It's a great way to bond with your family.
4. Not up for sleeping outside? Hang a wet sheet in front of an open window. Any breeze going through will lower the temperature in your room.
5. Finally, try making you're own homemade A/C using a cooler, block of ice and a small desk fan.
Watch the video above to learn more about these techniques.
More on AOL.com
This popular drink from the '90s might be making a comeback
Men are furious about Lululemon's new underwear
Survey says people who wear skinny jeans are happier
New study says your birth month could predict disease