The Rock can't save everyone when the "big one" hits California.That's why nervous people in The Golden State are running to buy their earthquake disaster kits, and one earthquake preparedness company is raking in the profits from the paranoia surrounding the "San Andreas" movie.
TMZ reports the disaster movie has been good news for the company, who has seen a 300-percent increase in disaster kit sales! One of the best selling items for $34.95 is the Quake Alarm, which looks just like a fire alarm, but can detect an earthquake's sound wave before the main shock. The real shock comes from the other bestseller a $250 Deluxe Emergency Preparedness Kit! It comes with a duffel bag, two ponchos, two blankets, sleeping bags, food bars, candles, fire starter sticks and much more.
TMZ reports the company raked in $100,000 off the kits in the past two weeks alone since the movie came out.
- Latest mortgage news: Rates jump to their highest since March 2020
- 5 ways a personal loan could help you save money
- Latest mortgage rates: Refinancing clock is ticking as rates rise
- Your Best Refinance Rates for January 2022
- Mortgage Payoff Tactic Eliminates 15 Years of Payments
- Don’t Borrow From The Bank - Borrow From Yourself
- ‘Smartest baby’ knows all her animal sounds at just 9 months old: ‘…
- Wife hasn’t spoken to husband in a week, so he ‘makes her talk’ with h…
- Amazon shoppers say this gadget is a game-changer for deep-cleaning ti…
- Forget the 30yr mortgage if you owe less than $822K (Do this instea…
- How to pay off your house ASAP (So simple it's unbelievable)
- Refinance Rates Remain Historically Cheap
- Today's Top Mortgage Rates in Your Area
- Reach Your Financial Goals and Help Your Money Grow with these Top Inv…
- Drowning in Credit Card Debt? Consider a Debt Consolidation Loan!