Entries are still rolling in for the 27th annual Traveler Photo Contest, but the current submissions are already exposing viewers to never-before-seen perspectives of their planet.
The contest, hosted by National Geographic, invites professional and amateur photographers from around the world to submit photos into four categories: Outdoor Scenes, Sense of Place, Spontaneous Moments and Travel Portraits.
The images must be taken within the past two years and may not be edited besides minor color correction and cropping.
Three grand prize winners will be crowned. Third place will win a six-day schooner cruise for two in Maine. The second place winner and a friend will join a National Geographic photographer on a six-day expedition to Yellowstone next winter. The overall winner will also join photographers on a trip, but they will capture the gorgeous wildlife of Panama and Costa Rica. Top prize includes airfare.
Despite the United States' fledgling relationship with Cuba, the nation's citizens are still prohibited from entering the contest. Other countries barred from submitting photographs are Iran, North Korea, Sudan and Syria.
Submissions to the contest will be accepted until June 30th, and a winner will be chosen mid-July.
To enter, visit http://travel.nationalgeographic.com/photo-contest-2015/rules.
- Savings Interest Rates SkyRocket After Fed Meeting
- With the Recent Rate Hike, CDs Become Best Investment
- Mortgage Rates Remain Low by Historical Standards – Experts Urge Locki…
- $300K Refi in This Economy? 2.01% APR (15 yr)
- Calculate Your New Refi Payment in Minutes. See if You Can Save
- Mortgage Payoff Tactic Eliminates 15 Years of Payments
- I bought 3 of Amazon’s most popular teddy pieces — here’s what I’m …
- Don’t miss the last chance to snag these 6 gorgeous sweaters for over …
- 80,000 Amazon ratings prove why people love these comfortable face mas…
- Forget the 30yr mortgage if you owe less than $822K (Do this instea…
- How to pay off your house ASAP (So simple it's unbelievable)
- Congress Gives Veterans A Generous Mortgage Relief Program
- Today's Top Mortgage Rates in Your Area
- Reach Your Financial Goals and Help Your Money Grow with these Top Inv…
- Drowning in Credit Card Debt? Consider a Debt Consolidation Loan!