Entries are still rolling in for the 27th annual Traveler Photo Contest, but the current submissions are already exposing viewers to never-before-seen perspectives of their planet.
The contest, hosted by National Geographic, invites professional and amateur photographers from around the world to submit photos into four categories: Outdoor Scenes, Sense of Place, Spontaneous Moments and Travel Portraits.
The images must be taken within the past two years and may not be edited besides minor color correction and cropping.
Three grand prize winners will be crowned. Third place will win a six-day schooner cruise for two in Maine. The second place winner and a friend will join a National Geographic photographer on a six-day expedition to Yellowstone next winter. The overall winner will also join photographers on a trip, but they will capture the gorgeous wildlife of Panama and Costa Rica. Top prize includes airfare.
Despite the United States' fledgling relationship with Cuba, the nation's citizens are still prohibited from entering the contest. Other countries barred from submitting photographs are Iran, North Korea, Sudan and Syria.
Submissions to the contest will be accepted until June 30th, and a winner will be chosen mid-July.
To enter, visit http://travel.nationalgeographic.com/photo-contest-2015/rules.
- Latest mortgage news: After flirting with 6%, rates retreat
- 5 ways a personal loan could help you save money
- Latest mortgage rates: Refinancing clock is ticking as rates rise
- Want Cash Out of Your Home? Here Are Your Best Options
- Best Refinance Rates for Summer
- Are You A Homeowner? Turn Your Skyrocketing Equity Into Cash
- Celebrate with a bang this 4th of July with these festive beverages
- More than 30,000 Amazon shoppers swear by the MudBuster for cleaning t…
- 8 must-shop OXO Good Grips deals you need to add to your Amazon cart t…
- The True Story Behind "The Blind Side"
- These Are All The Hidden Hacks Of Costco
- The Largest Military Planes In The World Are A Sight To Behold
- Today's Top Mortgage Rates in Your Area
- Reach Your Financial Goals and Help Your Money Grow with these Top Inv…
- Drowning in Credit Card Debt? Consider a Debt Consolidation Loan!